Chanspy; Listening In To All But These Extensions

Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
91
Points
0
Hello there, can anyone tell me if its possible to prevent Chanspy from listening in on certain extensions?

I'd like to grant access to someone to be able to listen to a team of callers, but would like to prevent the person listening in on the managements private conversations.

Any id ideas please :)

(Solution = Bought FOP2 add-on, its brilliant!)
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
197
Points
0
uses extensions 3 and 4 digits, and amending the spy dialing plan for only the 4-digit extensions



[spy4]
include => app-chanspy-custom
exten => _XXX,1,Authenticate(/etc/asterisk/super_autenticate1.txt)
exten => _XXX,n,Chanspy(SIP/${EXTEN:3}|b)
exten => _XXX,n,Hangup
 
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
42
Points
0
chanspy :

Copy this into extensions_override_elastix.con:
[app-chanspy]
exten => _007.,1,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => _007.,n,Answer
exten => _007.,n,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)
exten => _007.,n,Hangup

then execute:
asterisk -rx "module reload"

and then from any phone, dial:
007 followed by the extension number that you want to spy, for example:
007503
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
91
Points
0
netsfk said:
uses extensions 3 and 4 digits, and amending the spy dialing plan for only the 4-digit extensions



[spy4]
include => app-chanspy-custom
exten => _XXX,1,Authenticate(/etc/asterisk/super_autenticate1.txt)
exten => _XXX,n,Chanspy(SIP/${EXTEN:3}|b)
exten => _XXX,n,Hangup
Thank you very much for input, but can you just confirm where I need to put this exactly.

Would it be possible to have a separate chanspy authentication per 3 digit (sales floor) extensions and as well as the 4 digit (managers) extensions?

Thanks again
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
91
Points
0
bajji said:
chanspy :

Copy this into extensions_override_elastix.con:
[app-chanspy]
exten => _007.,1,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => _007.,n,Answer
exten => _007.,n,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)
exten => _007.,n,Hangup

then execute:
asterisk -rx "module reload"

and then from any phone, dial:
007 followed by the extension number that you want to spy, for example:
007503

Hi, this is how I currently have it setup, but it only does half of what I need. I need the ability to chanspy a specified extension like you can with the code you have suggested but with the ability to password protect the chanspy app and certain managers extensions so no one can chanspy the big boss.

Thanks
 
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
1,358
Points
38
Hi,

Take a look at this:
Code:
exten => _007,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" != "100"]?pass)
exten => _007,1(pass),Hangup()
exten => _007,1,Authenticate(8)
exten => _007,2,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)
That´s a little example, there you have some security tips.
For instance if the extension is not '100', it won´t work, and Hangup...
Also, with 'Authenticate' you put a security code to add some extra layer of security.

You can also achieve what you need to disable chanspy with the 'big boss' in a similiar way that the one in the first line(GotIf....) but with the Destination number as the variable.

Regards,
Claudio
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
91
Points
0
I put that in the extensions_override_elastix but it doesn't work for me (i'm using 2.3.0)

It says you have dialed the wrong number..any ideas?
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
91
Points
0
soborno said:
Hi,

Take a look at this:
Code:
exten => _007,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" != "100"]?pass)
exten => _007,1(pass),Hangup()
exten => _007,1,Authenticate(8)
exten => _007,2,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)
That´s a little example, there you have some security tips.
For instance if the extension is not '100', it won´t work, and Hangup...
Also, with 'Authenticate' you put a security code to add some extra layer of security.

You can also achieve what you need to disable chanspy with the 'big boss' in a similiar way that the one in the first line(GotIf....) but with the Destination number as the variable.

Regards,
Claudio
Claudio,

When I add the following code in to my /etc/asterisk/extensions_overide_elastix, I get the password protected option enabling us to listen to individual extension; but this code will not enable us to prevent the chanspy user from listening in on the certain extensions, like the BOSS, ACCOUNTS and SNR MANAGERS extensions.

Code:
[app-chanspy]
exten => _007.,1,Authenticate(0000)
exten => _007.,1,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => _007.,n,Answer
exten => _007.,n,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)
exten => _007.,n,Hangup
When I remove the code above, and replaced it with the following code that you suggested and then dial the 007 option followed by the extension number shown in the code below, it will not work. When dialed the system says the number I'm dialing cannot be recognised and simply hangs-up.

Code:
exten => _007,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" != "200"]?pass)
exten => _007,1(pass),Hangup()
exten => _007,1,Authenticate(8)
exten => _007,2,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)
It would be great If I could get this to work, as I desperately need my floor manager to listen in on certain staff in case they are miss selling or under performing.

I also tried the following code, but the elastix server said 'declined' and then hangs up when 007 followed by any extension (including the one suggested in the code) are called.

Code:
[app-chanspy]
exten => _007.,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" != "204"]?pass)
exten => _007.,1(pass),Hangup()
exten => _007.,1,Authenticate(8)
exten => _007.,2,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN:3},dqs)

Please note the extensions typed are just examples and after changing all code and saved I always ran
Code:
asterisk -rx "module reload"

Does anyone else have any suggestions that I can try? :blink:

I'm running out of ideas and the will to live LOL
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
50
Points
0
I have never seen a Chanspy configuration that actually works in order to filter extensions..
You can put a password, and even select through which exten. will it work from, but not to select to whom it may listen,

I find FOP2 the best solution for those kind of things.
 
Joined
Sep 13, 2012
Messages
91
Points
0
Itsm said:
I have never seen a Chanspy configuration that actually works in order to filter extensions..
You can put a password, and even select through which exten. will it work from, but not to select to whom it may listen,

I find FOP2 the best solution for those kind of things.
Yeah I purchased FOP2 in the end and its money well spent if you ask me... I highly recommend it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
31,008
Messages
131,145
Members
17,727
Latest member
Mohan
Top