change trixbox to elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by wendervasquez, Sep 15, 2009.

1. wendervasquez

I have a trixbox and i need copy all the information I have on my trixbox to my new Elastix

help me

2. rafael

Hi wendervasquez and welcome to the Elastix forums. Sorry for the delay on this response.

I now there is a freepbx module to do backups and restores. Maybe you can install the module in both: elastix and trixbox. Backup from trixbox and restore in Elastix.

Just and idea

regards,

rafael

3. rafael

moved to newbies forum so more people can readed. It was in security forum.

4. Bob

Bob

wendervasquez,

I haven't done a Trixbox to Elastix conversion for about 4-5 months now, but I believe that the method that Rafael mentioned will fail (sorry Rafael ;) ).

The reason for this is that there has been some reasonable structure changes between Trixbox with Zaptel and Elastix with Dahdi, amongst others (some that will be hidden until you come across an issue).

All trixbox to Elastix conversion we do, we prefer to do the slow tedious method which means recreating one by one. We generally use two screens, the trixbox page on one, and the Elastix page on the other. If you don't have two screens, you can squeeze the two pages on one as it still makes it quicker than flicking pages.

Having said that, if anyone knows that it does work, please let me know...I may have missed something in the last few months. (and I will have to apologise to Rafael :laugh: )

Regards
    Bob