change default gateway cause all calls stopped

Discussion in 'General' started by tomcattyy, Mar 2, 2010.

1. tomcattyy

Hello there,

I have installed Elastix 1.6-12 and all incoming and outgoing calls are functioning. Yesterday we need to change the default gateway of the server. I changed it through the GNOME interface, after changing I then restart the service of astrisk. The restart seems never end and since then all the calls stopped. All I can hear from outgoing is "All circuits are busy now, try again later".
    I can ping outside ip address and www.google.com still but the elastix just not lose the connection to the outside world. What could cause the problem? Need to fix configuration?
    Appreciate your help.

2. rafael

Hi tomcattyy,

You should take a look to /var/log/asterisk/full to find the answer of what is wrong.

Regards,

Rafael

3. tomcattyy

Thanks Rafael, I checked the log and it seems to be the DNS problem. I updated the DNS and restart the server. Now I have the call fundtion come back.
    But an error message keep pop up as
    "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for Gecko. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly."

click the detail is says
    "Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-root/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: No such file or directory 2: IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-root/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located: No such file or directory)"

Can you direct me what's wrong here? /tmp/gconfd-root/ is empty. How can I fix this?
    Appreciate for your help.

4. dicko

looks like your gnome setup is incomplete, generally it isn't recommended to run such a service while in production because of interrupts and load on the server issues so I suggest you edit /etc/inittab

to

id:3:initdefault:

to start in runlevel 3 (no gui so no warnings) you can always start it if you need it with

startx

and then

yum -y groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment" "X Window System"
    yum -y install firefox

should fix the missing bits for when you do run it.

5. tomcattyy

Thanks dicko,

I alreay turn off the xwindow and reinstall the GNOME, no gui in production environment.