chan_mobile help for install

Yes of course.

I don't know very well GRUB.
It's the same thing that LILO.?!
LILO was not so easy to configured...

Does anybody had luck with chan_mobile and the latest 1.4rc.

Any update step by step how to for a dummy like me?

Patrick_elx said:
Does anybody had luck with chan_mobile and the latest 1.4rc.

Any update step by step how to for a dummy like me?

So far no luck. The only problem I have is in pairing. See, when you compile and install BlueZ (New version) it doesn't come with the passkey-agent, so it doesn't have a default pairing PIN. The only way to pair, is to search in your mobile, find your computer and send a pair request.

When you input your MAC address on mobile.conf, BlueZ tries to pair with your mobile, but it doesn't have any default PIN so it sends no PIN to your mobile to compare, so, no matter what you enter, it always fail.

And unfortunately I was not successful in finding the computer box by searching on the mobile.

So, no luck yet.

PS: I was able to make it work on TrixBox, because they have an RPM installation package, which installs BlueZ and Chan-Mobile, only that the BlueZ version is not the new one, so it does come with the passkey-agent.

I only had to compile the new chan_mobile and replace mobile.so to avoid the disconnect (104) problem.

All works perfectly. Only thing is that I want to use Elastix, instead of Trixbox, it's a lot more user-friendly, but I can't until someone finds a solution to use Chan_mobile, which, now, for me, is a must-have.

I have the same problem, I found the phone, but asks me the pin, and I have no idea of what someone has been solved?

Try using the following PIN: 0000 our 1234

Most bluetooth adapters use them as default code.

Hope it helps.

Sometimes, the procedure to add a bluetooth device is not very easy.
The phone asked me the PIN code, but if I put the good code PIN, the system didn't want it.
And, after the several try, I don't know why, one day the system was well accepted the PIN code. :blink:

I think that there is one way. Maybe at first, you must scan the device by phone or maybe by the system. I think that the result is different.

Of course, you must put the PIN code into te config file. ;)

HI all,
I have been following this thread on chan_mobile with interest....

I have been playing with elastix for two months and learning some ( a lot more to go..)

I have finally got chan_mobile installed/loaded onto elastix 1.5.2-2, asterisk 1.4.24

and my Nokia N96 paired, and staying connected. I have even been able to re-create the pairing. (the first time i paired it was a fluke and I couldn't recreate the pairing...)

But now I am stuck.

I would like to use the mobile as a trunk, ie route incomming calls from the mobile to the elastix box, and then handsets, but I don't know how to setup the trunks. Does anyone have a simple setup of the trunks? I have had a look at some threads, and while they show some configurations in the asterisk conf files, they don't show the gui setups. The asterisk conf files are a bit beyond me at the moment...

I have had advice to just use the N96 via wifi and as an extension to the elastix box. This is not suitable for my application.

I have no reception inside the house, steel roof, steel framed, insulated (foil backed), good farady cage (?). Good outside reception. I have installed a passive repeater from an outside yagi antenna to an inside aerial. So I get coverage only at the inside antenna, with a range of about 0.5m. So the intention is to place the mobile handsets (multiple bluetooth dongles.. later) beside the antenna and route any incomming calls to suitable extensions, subject to whose mobile is calling, etc.. least that is the intention...

Thanks for any help.

Keith

Nokia N96 paired, and staying connected. I have even been able to re-create the pairing.
Well, if you were able to re-create the pairing, that means 2 things, first that you MUST teach us how to do that and second that if you want to receive calls on the mobile phone and send to an internal extension, all you have to do, is to set up the custom trunk as Mobile/my_phone/$OUTNUM$ (my_phone is the name of your phone in mobile.conf) and create an ALL DID/CID Inbound route to any IVR or extension you want.

If you have more trunks, like an POT line, and want the mobile trunk to go one way and the POT trunk an other, I can teach you how to do that latter.

Regards.

Coizado.

Hi Coizado,

I would have got back to you earlier, but like all these things, the wheels fell off again. So more tinkering, adjusting, swearing, and finally I have got the pairing working better.

I got this message from asterisk for the first time;
"
-- Bluetooth Device KeithsN96 has connected.
-- Bluetooth Device KeithsN96 initialised and ready.
"
and the pairing is still sticking...

Plus, I made an outgoing call, my softphone, called through elastix, through my mobile, to my wife's phone two feet away...NOW thats progress, I haven't checked audio yet, will get around to that.

Just tried audio, the call was bearable, but I should be able to fix it up by using a hard phone and closer location between phone and dongle... but it worked.. :))

When I tried to ring into elastix, through my mobile, elastix took the call but lost it.... at least it was getting into the system, I need to fix up the pstn-incoming... stuff.
asterisk notes below
"
== Starting Mobile/KeithsN96-331c at pstn-incoming,s,1 failed so falling back to exten 's'
== Starting Mobile/KeithsN96-331c at pstn-incoming,s,1 still failed so falling back to context 'default'
-- Executing [s@default:1] Playback("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "vm-goodbye") in new stack
-- <Mobile/KeithsN96-331c> Playing 'vm-goodbye' (language 'en')
-- Executing [s@default:2] Macro("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "hangupcall") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] ResetCDR("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "w") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:2] NoCDR("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:3] GotoIf("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "1?skiprg") in new stack
-- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,6)
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:6] GotoIf("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "1?skipblkvm") in new stack
-- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,9)
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:9] GotoIf("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "1?theend") in new stack
-- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,11)
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:11] Hangup("Mobile/KeithsN96-331c", "") in new stack
== Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 11) exited non-zero on 'Mobile/KeithsN96-331c' in macro 'hangupcall'
== Spawn extension (default, s, 2) exited non-zero on 'Mobile/KeithsN96-331c'
"

So how far have you got with chan_mobile?

I have kept a commentary of fiddlings (musings, swearing, guessing,,,), basically so that I should be able to setup my working elastix box when things are sorted out on my test box. (It is not suitable for posting.)

I take it you are upto pairing with elastix?

To get my pairing started (yesterday) and stick I found I needed to change the hcid.conf file from user security to auto.

I also found that i had to force my phone to connect to the dongle, rather than allow the dongle to initiate the connection to the phone. I changed mobile.conf from 10secs to 30secs, as it would always be asking me for the pin, while I was trying to initiate the connection. It seamed to work yesterday this way. Even tonight, it reconnected, but then I changed something and it would not reconnect and stay connected, no matter which way i connected. I kept getting the following,

"
-- Bluetooth Device KeithsN96 has disconnected, reason (104).
-- Bluetooth Device KeithsN96 has disconnected, reason (104).
"

I started to play around on the phone( this is what caused the pairing to drop out) and eventually found, that my default bluetooth connection on the phone was set to a headset with the autoanswer option as off, as soon as I set it to on, the phone paired, stuck, and I got the message at the top of this posting. :))

And the trunk worked. I hope the above helps

Keith

Maybe this not help.

restart dbus

Code:
/etc/init.d/messagebus restart
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable
Changing key
edit /etc/bluetooth/hci search "passkey" and change it with your favorite pass ( mine is 1234 ). Don´t forget to set "security mode" in auto.

Next you need to reload hcid

Only for test purposes we will use "not daemon mode" ( "n" option)
Code:
hcid -nf /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
Now it´s time to see the logs and connect your phone:

Code:
tail -f /var/log/messages
I try to search my asterisk box again, i found it, the key was 1234 like hdci.conf !
/var/log/messages says i´m conected, but when i try to si on CLI my mobile is not there!

I´m stuck again.

Maybe something is wrong. I really don´t know

Sorry for my really really poor english.

gamba47

Hi Gamba,

I tried and tried to get the CLI command "mobile search" to show me what was connected.

Eventually I figured it out, that the CLI command was not the one in the gui, it does not show the results, but rather the prompt on the elastix box when connected to asterisk.

when I typed the mobile search on the elastix box, it eventually showed the available devices. But now that I am connected, it only tells me that "All Bluetooth adapters are in use at this time."

However, "mobile show devices" shows that it is connected as below;

elastix*CLI> mobile show devices
ID Address Group Adapter Connected State SMS
KeithsN96 00:22:FC:EB:67:AC 0 blue Yes Free No
elastix*CLI>

On another note;

When I changed the mobile.conf file I wanted to reload the configuration fils so I did and amportal stop and restart. On the stop command I heard my phone drop out of pairing with the usb device, but it did not re-connect upon the start. Tried everything, it did not want to hold onto its reconnection. I noticed that the port number of my phone had changed (using mobile search), not sure why, so I changed mobile.conf and rebooted. My phone was found and connected straight away. I hope the port number doesn't change that often. (I can't imagine my wife attempting to change the settings.... shudder..)

Regards

Keith

Now i can see in mobile search my phone!!

but the phone is not available.

Code:
asterisk*CLI> mobile search
Address           Name                           Usable Type    Port
00:19:A1:DB:55:15 LG Emiliano                    No     Headset 0
I´m stuck again.

still working on this!

gamba47

I managed to change the "pin" without problems, but I always said there was a connection error and will not let me connect if I put another "pin" I said that the "pin" is incorrect.

any idea?

As I said it: Sometimes you must begin to scan the bleutooth network from your Mobile, and not from server Elastix and / or conversely.
It's very very difficult to register the Mobile.
For my case, 20 or 30 try and more before succeeding this register.

It seems that it's more easy on Trixbox, but don't know why! :blink:

Maybe there's some difference between the config files.

I copied the folder from bluetooth to TrixBox and elastix thing, I always said that the cell has a problem and can not connect :(

danardf, you could tell us what steps to take to reach your cell phone connect? It would be great

danardf said:
As I said it: Sometimes you must begin to scan the bleutooth network from your Mobile, and not from server Elastix and / or conversely.
It's very very difficult to register the Mobile.
For my case, 20 or 30 try and more before succeeding this register.
Same here.

It seems that it's more easy on Trixbox, but don't know why! :blink:

Maybe there's some difference between the config files.
In bluez* whe don´t have passkey-agent
We need Asterisk 1.6
config files can we duplicated or not ?

gamba47

Now, no, because I don't use (today) this connection mode.
But I can remake this test tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I have enough of time ;)

I have an E65 Nokia.

So.
As you, Same problem. :angry:
It's hard.

See my work:
Code:
# yum -y install bluez-utils bluez-libs bluez-hcidump
# reboot
# hcitool dev
Devices:
        hci0    00:0B:0D:82:26:A3

# cd /usr/src
# wget http://www.elastix.org/downloads/asterisk-addons-chan_mobile-1.4.7-3.i386.rpm
# rpm -ivh http://www.elastix.org/downloads/asterisk-addons-chan_mobile-1.4.7-3.i386.rpm

# astersik -rvvvvvvvvvvv
CLI>restart now

CLI> show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate  Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------  -----------  --------
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes          no
MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes          no
Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  no           yes          no
Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes          no
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes          no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes          yes
Mobile      Bluetooth Mobile Device Channel Driver   yes          no           no
IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes          yes

# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:17:E7:1D:F2:69       Nokiki

# vi /etc/asterisk/mobile.conf:

;
; mobile.conf
; configuration file for chan_mobile
;

[general]
interval=10 ; Number of seconds between trying to connect to devices.

; The following is a list of adapters we use.
; id must be unique and address is the bdaddr of the adapter from hciconfig.
; Each adapter may only have one device (headset or phone) connected at a time.
; Add an [adapter] entry for each adapter you have.

; the following information is from the Bluetooth adaptor you have installed - leave name as Blue, just replace the mac address

[adapter]
id=blue
address=00:0B:0D:82:26:A3

; The following is a list of the devices we deal with.
; Every device listed below will be available for calls in and out of Asterisk.
; Each device needs an adapter=xxxx entry which determines which bluetooth adapter is used.
; Use the CLI command 'mobile search' to discover devices.
; Use the CLI command 'mobile show devices' to see device status.
;
; To place a call out through a mobile phone use Dial(Mobile/[device]/NNN.....) in your dialplan.
; To call a headset use Dial(Mobile/[device]).

; the following information is your phone - change the name, and mac address for your phone,t leave the adapter as is - matches the above

[Nokiki]
address=00:17:E7:1D:F2:69       ; the address of the phone
port=28                         ; the rfcomm port number (from mobile search)
context=from-pstn               ; dialplan context for incoming calls
adapter=blue                    ; adapter to use

CLI>mobile search
Address           Name                           Usable Type    Port
00:17:E7:1D:F2:69 Nokiki                         Yes    Phone   28

# vi /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

----> Change passkey

# service bluetooth reload
Result:
Elastix ask me always the Pin code, even if I disable the security.

I wait tomorrow....
To be continued .....

danardf, try to force the use of the config file and see the log.

hcid -nf /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf ( the "n" option is for Not Daemon)

gamba47

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114