Centralized Voicemail on unanswered calls

milauria

Any suggestions on how to implement a centralized voicemail that anyone can access from their extension? How it is possible to enable or diasble the call forwarding to voicemail? I tried the call forward enable/disable code but a nice voice asks for the destination extension ... and voicemail has not really an extension i think ...

any tip you may have is greatly appreciated, thanks

dicko

Not sure I fully understand your question,

If you want to get to another's email dial *98,

If you want to share a single mailbox between extensions:-

http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... cemail-box

If you want to forward your phone then forwarding to *nnn where is an extension, will send you straight to the voicemail of that extension.

dicko

milauria

Thank you for the usual support!

Not being confident in working at file level what I did is to set up a dedicated extension for VM only and configured each extension in freepbx with mailbox=xxx@device with xxx=vm extension and then dial *98 etc,

To activate VM I set ring group properties so that after x seconds it goes into vm.

My doubt is how to enable/disable this voicemail "rule" from the phone without logging into elastix as admin. If I forward to *nnn an extension would it will probably send all calls straight into VM ?

Which is the best way to enable/disable voicemail from the phone keyboard ?

thanks for any suggestions you may have

dicko

Under those circumstances I suggest you set your call forward no answer to the Virtual extension, program a key as *52<VMEXT> (activate) and another with *53 (deactivate) or set up findme/follow me and toggle that with *21

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc