Centos 5 to Elastix problem

Discussion in 'General' started by veritech, Aug 28, 2008.

1. veritech

I install Elastix this morning on a machine with a fresh Centos 5 (virtual machine).
    There is no CD support on the machine, so I extracted the iso image of /ElastiXCorE-1.1-04jun2008 using 7-zip and then zipped it. upload to the server, unzipped in my /root directory and proceeded to install.

The ./install script installed the new kernel then rebooted. I didn't actually setup yum for the new repo so I manually created the file in /etc/yum.repos.d copied the Elastix folder to /var/www/html/RPMs and installed the packages using yum (have to do a yum clean all or get a checksum error).
    Basically manually doing the install script.

After a reboot, I am able to log into the Elastix server and test.

I have some problems in the interface that I don't know where to start to fix.

I tried to change the hostname using System->Network->Network Parameters and got a spanish error message reading it couldn't obtain a lock on the file. the /etc/hosts file permissions look correct when compared to another elastix machine.

When I goto PBX->extensions, I get the menus at the top and left of screen but no content.

The PBX->Flash Operator Panel gives me a "Couldn't load variables.txt?aldope=85725"

Changing the date/time gives me a "No se puede cambiar la hora del sistema - Array"

and I can't apply changes to anything in asterisk.

I think that I am missing a config file or there is a permissions issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. veritech

I just discovered that asterisk wasn't running. When I tried to run it, I got a "can't find /dev/tty9" error.
    I used MAKEDEV to create it and chowned tty9
    0 crw--w---- 1 asterisk tty 4, 9 Aug 28 07:20 tty9

now when I try to start asterisk, every 4 seconds it gives me
    Code:
    Automatically restarting Asterisk.
    mpg123: no process killed
    /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 122: /dev/tty9: Permission denied
    /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 123: /dev/tty9: Permission denied
    Asterisk ended with exit status 1
    Asterisk died with code 1.
    cat: /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid: No such file or directory
    Automatically restarting Asterisk.

3. veritech

Looks like I got it fixed.

I resetup the Centos 5 server and uploaded the install package again.
    I changed in ./install
    Code:
    ln -s $ruta_iso/Elastix $DocumentRoot/RPMs

to
    Code:
    cp -r $ruta_iso/Elastix $DocumentRoot/RPMs

and commented in /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
    Code:
    #TTY=9                                          # TTY (if you want one) for Asterisk to run on

The installer worked just fine. It seems to be an issue with permissions and a link outside of /var/www/html

Appearently because I don't have any consoles, turning off /dev/tty9 in safe_asterisk allows it to work. I don't know about any ill effects due to this.

This version of Elastix (1.1-3) does have a issue in user management that when you create a user, it gives a sql error about not being able to find the last inserted id #. But it still works.

A friend's trixbox just got hacked. Best guess was from getting config files from the tftp server. Any suggestions on hardening the Elastix server.

Thanks