Centos 5 to Elastix problem

veritech

I install Elastix this morning on a machine with a fresh Centos 5 (virtual machine).
There is no CD support on the machine, so I extracted the iso image of /ElastiXCorE-1.1-04jun2008 using 7-zip and then zipped it. upload to the server, unzipped in my /root directory and proceeded to install.

The ./install script installed the new kernel then rebooted. I didn't actually setup yum for the new repo so I manually created the file in /etc/yum.repos.d copied the Elastix folder to /var/www/html/RPMs and installed the packages using yum (have to do a yum clean all or get a checksum error).
Basically manually doing the install script.

After a reboot, I am able to log into the Elastix server and test.

I have some problems in the interface that I don't know where to start to fix.

I tried to change the hostname using System->Network->Network Parameters and got a spanish error message reading it couldn't obtain a lock on the file. the /etc/hosts file permissions look correct when compared to another elastix machine.

When I goto PBX->extensions, I get the menus at the top and left of screen but no content.

The PBX->Flash Operator Panel gives me a "Couldn't load variables.txt?aldope=85725"

Changing the date/time gives me a "No se puede cambiar la hora del sistema - Array"

and I can't apply changes to anything in asterisk.

I think that I am missing a config file or there is a permissions issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

veritech

I just discovered that asterisk wasn't running. When I tried to run it, I got a "can't find /dev/tty9" error.
I used MAKEDEV to create it and chowned tty9
0 crw--w---- 1 asterisk tty 4, 9 Aug 28 07:20 tty9

now when I try to start asterisk, every 4 seconds it gives me
Code:
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process killed
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 122: /dev/tty9: Permission denied
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 123: /dev/tty9: Permission denied
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
cat: /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid: No such file or directory
Automatically restarting Asterisk.

veritech

Looks like I got it fixed.

I resetup the Centos 5 server and uploaded the install package again.
I changed in ./install
Code:
ln -s $ruta_iso/Elastix $DocumentRoot/RPMs
to
Code:
cp -r $ruta_iso/Elastix $DocumentRoot/RPMs
and commented in /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
Code:
#TTY=9                                          # TTY (if you want one) for Asterisk to run on
The installer worked just fine. It seems to be an issue with permissions and a link outside of /var/www/html

Appearently because I don't have any consoles, turning off /dev/tty9 in safe_asterisk allows it to work. I don't know about any ill effects due to this.

This version of Elastix (1.1-3) does have a issue in user management that when you create a user, it gives a sql error about not being able to find the last inserted id #. But it still works.

A friend's trixbox just got hacked. Best guess was from getting config files from the tftp server. Any suggestions on hardening the Elastix server.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feparra121