Celeron 1.4 how many simultaneous calls?

imaring

Hi,

I have a computer with Celeron 1.4, 160 hard drive, and 512mb ram, my question is how many simultaneous calls can i make with softphones, I want to use it for a small call center that has from 6 to 10 people and out going calls with voip, and we want to use the predictive dialer feature.

Will this computer work or should i get another.

Thanks.

:)

leungda

For me, I am using VM workstation. I assigned 1 core + 1GB RAM on it. I have around 10 SIP hardware phones and I am using SIP trunk. so far so good. If you don't touch the PSTN, using VMWare is the best choose.

My computer hardware

AMD X6 1090T + 16GB DDR3 ram + WD SATA3 600GB 10000rpm HDD.

I host exchnage server 2010 (8GB RAM) + Elastix (1GB RAM) together. I am using the computer for regular all days (sometime 3D games)

trymes

This question is quite difficult to answer. The main limiting factor will be the amount of transcoding you do, which should be fairly little, I suspect. Asterisk is pretty lightweight, but various configurations will tax the system.

At the very least, you ought to have more RAM than 512MB for a production system. I have lost track of Intel's brand names, but I imagine that the processor will not be your limiting factor.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr