CDR reports for users and group permissions

Discussion in 'General' started by Disaster, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Disaster

Hi,

I am having problems with CDR reports for my Group. I have mangers who want to view the daily calls made. I have created a users in a management group to view CDR Report. The problem is they can only view their extensions call made on the date range they select. I want them to be able to view all call made that day on all extension.

If i put them in the admin group they can view all calls, But obviously I don't want them to have access to all the features of Elastix. Any help on this will be appreciated on enabling them to view all calls made.

Also I am wondering if it has to do with the latest Elastix update I am using Elastix 1.6-14.

Thanks.

2. stelio

Hi Folks

Disaster, did you every find a solution for this problem?

I'm having the same problem on my side, created a management group, and only allowed for Monitoring in the group permissions.

The problem, as you described, is that adding users means that the new user is associated to 1 extension.

So when you login with that user, you're only able to see call logs for the associated extension.

Now i would like to allow this user to see all calls (not only the associated extension), is there a known work around?

BTW, i'm using Elastix 1.6-12

3. Disaster

I ended up using free pbx and gave them permissions to see only the reports.

4. jastele

5. stelio

Thanks for the link jastele.

MrEmbedded solution didn't work for me, but it did point me in the right direction.

I've added the following lines to /var/www/html/modules/monitoring/index.php

85 if ($_SESSION['elastix_user'] == 'USERNAMEHERE')
    86 $esAdministrador = TRUE;

It's a hack, essentially making the users a administrator for the monitoring module.
    Which allows "USERNAMEHERE" access to all monitored call recordings.

- Stelio

6. lol24h

I'm also interested. I hope there will be special group of privileges for that.
    I'm using Elastix 1.6

7. jastele

Hey Stelio,

Thanks for that great workaround. I have put it into my Monitoring index page and can now see it finds all the recorded calls however it seems to have some problems displaying it all. Did you come across the same thing when you applied this hack?

The following is how I inserted it:

Code:
        $extension = $pACL->getUserExtension($_SESSION['elastix_user']);
        $esAdministrador = $pACL->isUserAdministratorGroup($_SESSION['elastix_user']);
        $tmpExtension=$extension;
        if($esAdministrador)
        if ($_SESSION['elastix_user'] == 'STAFF')
            $esAdministrador = TRUE;
            $extension="[[:digit:]]+";

8. ayman66777

Thank you, it's work.

9. chrisd3

Stelio wrote
    I'm running Elastix 1.6.2-37 and line's 85 & 86 already have code in them, but it doesn't seem to relate to this issue.

I tried to insert where Jastele inserted ( lines 117&118 on my version ) and this just crashes the module when I try to load the web interface?

Any ideas??

10. soborno

11. chrisd3

Re: Re:CDR reports for users and group permissions

Thank you for your swift reply Claudio.
    I have already read those posts but Stelios solution looks to be a good, easy to apply option.
    I just couldn't see what line to add it on. I was hoping for the code that surrounds it to make it work.

Thanks in advance