Cant send faxes by openvox b100p

Discussion in 'General' started by luis_silva, Nov 19, 2009.

1. luis_silva

Hi all,

I just install a elastix 1.6 with an Openvox B100p card.
    My problem is that I cant send faxes using the card, if sending by a sip trunk or receiving faxes from the isdn line is ok.

Im guessing that this can be a problem with the card or with misdn.conf configuration, because with sip it works (no hylafax+iaxmodem problem, right...?)
    Can someone give me a hand to resolve this?

By the way, very good product the Elastix :)

LS

2. ramoncio

Hi Luis, wellcome tp the forum!

Can you make outgoing calls using the isdn lines?
    Have you configured properly the outbound routes?

3. luis_silva

Hi Ramoncio,

Yes, I can make outgoing calls from isdn.
    And the faxes are also "outgoing" but during the call there is some problem in the fax communication that drops the call. I'm trying to understand the hylafax log files, but it seems that are some failures in receiving information from the other side.

But searching openvox foruns I had a bad information... It seems that B100P+msidn can't send/receive faxes... Do you know something about this?

Regards,
    LS

4. ramoncio

Have a closer look at /var/log/asterisk/full for the asterisk logs and also to /var/spool/hylafax/log/c* for hylafax logs. You might find out there what you problem is.

5. ramoncio

Also, are you sure you are using misdn? Elastix 1.6 should have included dahdi support for your card using the zaphfc drivers.

6. luis_silva

Yes Im using misdn.
    You say that dahdi support this card? This can be good news, but in /etc/dahdi/modules there is no zaphfc.
    How can I load it?

7. luis_silva

Ok, read some more posts and done some googleing and now I'm having more doubt's...
    For what I read in other posts I have to get the kernel-module-dahdi-bri* from the elastix-extra, but there is no kernel-module-dahdi-bri* there. It's no longer available?

Also if I'm right I can get patched code in www.asterisk-es-rsp.org? Do I only need to get the dahdi-tools and dahdi-linux and compile it in elastix? (Need some help here, I'm not a compile expert...)

8. luis_silva

Hi, my problem is solved :)

Read some other posts and with the help of James of Openvox I used the patch available in asterisk-es-rsp , (very good work!)

If someone is having a similar problem you can go to http://bbs.openvox.cn/viewthread.php?ti ... a=page%3D1

Regards,
    LS