Can't register Nokia E61 SIP client to Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by spojler666, Aug 16, 2008.

1. spojler666

Hello,

I'm trying to register my Nokia E61 SIP client to Elastix, but I'm getting the message "SIP: Unauthorised". I use this same Nokia E61 as WLAN SIP client at work and it works fine. On Nokia E61 I made a new SIP profile for home network, which is almost the same and have same configuration for SIP telephony as at work (except IP addresses, username and password). There is no problem to connect my Nokia to internet via home WLAN, problems are only with SIP registration. In attachment I'm sending trace files, maded with Wireshark. I tryed the same thing with Nokia N95 but there is the same problem. Could someone help me ? Thanks a lot in advanced !!!!

[Traces.zip]

Best regards,

Pero http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/Traces.zip

2. Ichorcom007

You may add me to your skype cyberfab007 and I may give a few cracks at it , I have almost 50 elastix server in production.

3. rafael

4. spojler666

Hello,

yes, I can register softphones (Xlite from Windows and Twinkle from Linux computer) without problem. The problem was only to register built-in SIP clients on Nokia E61 and N95. As I said, at my workplace I can register both of them on our local PBX from manufacturer Iskratel. So, I think that the problem is in Elastix or one of its components. I found few howtos on the internet(http://cook.dannemann.org.uk/howto/e61sip/), but all of them require changes in user configuration (sip.conf or users.conf), but as I guess as newbee, this user configuration data is stored in Elastix database and because I don't know the database structure and in which tables in database is this data stored and how to directly connect to the database to try anything, I couldn't do anything so far. Do I think wrong ? :( I'm using Elastix 1.1-8, which I installed on CentOS 5.1 following the instructions from Elastix documentation page. But because I'm very fresh Elastix - Asterisk user, I have problems at the beginning. When I try to register Nokia as SIP client I'm using the same username and password as for the softphone(extension=6000, secret=1111), which is shutted down when I'm registering Nokia. I also tryed with extension which was created only for Nokia phone (6002, secret=1111) in same way as for the softphones but I'm still unable to register Nokia SIP client. Any suggestions ?

Best regards !!!

Pero

5. doolph

Create a new sip account on the asterisk
    Add following setting to sip.conf (the username "44" is just used for example !):

username=44
    type=friend
    secret=just4fun
    qualify=no
    port=5060
    notransfer=yes
    host=dynamic
    context=from-internal
    disallow=all
    allow=alaw
    SIP realm

The realm for digest authentication defaults to "asterisk". Otherwise please verify your active realm in sip.conf.

Nokia E60 settings
    Navigate to Tools->Settings->Connection->SIP settings.

Open the Options menu and select Add new->Use default profile:

Profile name: to be defined
    Service profile: IETF
    Default access point: your wifi access point
    Public user name: sip:SIP user @domain or IP address
    Use compression: No
    Regristration: Always on
    Use security: No

Proxy server:

Proxy server address: sip:IP address of your asterisk
    Realm: asterisk (or realm of your asterisk)
    User name: SIP user
    Password: secret
    Allow loose routing: Yes
    Transport type: UDP
    Port: 5060

Registrar server:

Registrar serv.addr.: sip:Asterisk
    Realm: -
    User name: -
    Password: -
    Transport type: UDP
    Port: 5060

Now, navigate to Tools->Settings->Connection->Internet tel.settings: and create a New profile in the Options menu with the following settings:

Name: Default
    SIP profiles: previously defined profile

Default call type
    To switch between normal GSM calls or VOIP calls, navigate to Tools->Settings->Call->Default call type.

Select Cellular to make normal calls to the phone number or Internet to use VoIP to call the number or address.