Can't install from internal SATA DVD drive

Discussion in 'General' started by lbennett, Jun 3, 2008.

1. lbennett

I'm having problems installing Elastix 1.0_1 on an HP ML110G5 with internal SATA DVD drive. It boots from the CD and I press Enter to start the install but it can't find cdrom:/ks.cfg and asks for the location. I tried it with an external USB DVD drive and it works but I want to install from the internal drive in case I have to reinstall onsite sometime. Can someone tell me what I have to do?

2. MailSouth

I had/have the same problem. I'm still running off the USB DVD drive as well. My question to you is how did your install go after that? I had problems with a bunch of things not installing like mod_ssl and php. Did you have any of these problems?

3. lbennett

I've installed it on one server from the external DVD drive and had no problems at all. For the second one I thought I'd try to resolve the problem first but as you can see no one here seems to have the answer. I suspect that it is a driver problem in Linux but I don't have enough experience to get any further. As you know it boots OK from the disk but once the install starts I doesn't see the SATA DVD drive.

4. lbennett

I've just had a look at the Trixbox Forum and it appears that I was right, there is no driver for the SATA DVD in the Linux build. Guess I'll just have to install from USB DVD until a later version.