Cant get the dialer to dial

Discussion in 'General' started by skeltic, Jan 11, 2010.

1. skeltic

Here is what I've done so far.

Using Elastix 1.5.2 and the call center 1.5-2.1
    I've created my queue, and extension 1212, adding it into the Queue as A1212
    I created a Trunk
    I created a csv in utf-8 in linux using some employee cell numbers to dial for testing in a format of 5551234567
    Ive created a form, and Outgoing campaign using the form, queue, and trunk.

I get the hold music when agent logged in and it sits.

My question is, I usually set the dial plan in the "Outbound Routes".
    Where in the Trunk, should i set it and what should the format be if I need the dialer to dial a 1 before the other 10 digits ( thats how my list will look ).

Any help please, the manual is very lite and I have been scouring just to find out about the A infront of the extension in queue.
    Thank You

2. traian1

Make sure the dialer is started in the Config section. Also, if that doesn't help, for some reason, when I clear the database of all the settings in the Config section, it works afterwards.

3. jgutierrez

If you choose on the trunk field "dial plan", then you must set the numbers same as you would dial them from any phone. Else if you set a particular trunk, then you should place the numbers as if they were going to be dialed directly from the trunk, that means that if you need any prefix, you must add them.

Also check the logs, for any relevant information
    /op/elastix/dialer/dialerd.log

4. blangys

I struggled with this late last year. I did a video walk through - it can be found on www.supportdocs.net. I paid for an hour of support with PaloSanto, who did a great job of helping me understand what I was missing.

Bob Langys

5. CPS Admin

Bob you did a fine job with the video. That should answer most questions. Skeltic if you are still fuzzy you can fire me and email kdunn@communicationpricesolution.com, I am happy to help. I now use the call center to generate about 900 calls everyday.

These question are for Jorge. If the dial plan doesn't appear in the campaign setup what could be the issue?

I have a new asp.net CRM application which houses the same data I am dialing. Can you do a SOAP which trigger the customer record every time the dialer dial?

6. skeltic

Thanks to everyone for the help. Turns out that it was the FreePBX update to 2.6, even with the files offered in another thread to fix the trunk tables issue. So i just setup another box and then did an IAX trunk between them to still transfer calls. Couldnt afford the downtime.

Lesson = Don't upgrade to FreePBX 2.6 if you plan to use the dialer.
    Dave