CANT ACCESS WEB INTERFACE..HELP

Discussion in 'General' started by williajjc, May 22, 2009.

1. williajjc

Installed Elastix, but cant connect on web browser from Win XP PC. Setup = Elastix with static IP 192.168.0.100 and windows XP 192.168.0.99. Both are connected to a 6 port d-link network switch. Elastix box can ping XP and vice versa. Both Firefox and IE on Win XP box cant seem to connect to Elastix box. Have switched off Windows firewall...no luck.

There is no DSL router connected to the switch so have just put in a fictitious default gateway of 192.168.0.1. What to put in as DNS? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? :blink:

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

Do you have a LAN or the server is directly connected to the public internet?

By default, when the elastix server starts (after rebooting from the installation)it is configured to automaticly obtain an IP address. Did you see the message on the CLI?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. williajjc

Yes. It told me to log on to http://192.168.0.100.....but when I try it does not work. There is internet connectivity fromthe XP machine via 3G.

4. telecomtechnician

I do not understand

Are you trying to access to the web interface of the elastix server through another machine connected to the same LAN segment were the elastix server is, or, you are doing a remote connection or internet connection out of the LAN to the server?

David Medina

5. williajjc

Please see diagram [​IMG]

6. williajjc

Sorry . The laptop is connected to the internet and not the elastix box

7. telecomtechnician

So that means that you are trying to do an external connection to the server.

For this to be succesfull, you have to open or forward to the local ip of the elastix server, the port 443(https). This has to be done in the router of the LAN were the elastix server is connected.

David Medina

8. williajjc

There is no router just a 6 port 10/100 switch.

9. williajjc

So in the attached image again. I type in https://192.168.0.100 in the XP laptop's browser..but nothing comes up. [​IMG]

10. jgutierrez

Hmmm...
    Have you tried disconeccting your lapton from the Internet? And then try to enter into the Elastix's web interface? I would think, that your problem is related to routing issues...

11. williajjc

Yes have tried that but no luck. Any other suggestions?

12. telecomtechnician

Is the server located in an office, hotel, industry, in what country?
    Are you located were?

I asked this, because certain ISP providers and hotels, block access to certain ports. By the way, which is the provider of the internet where the elastix server is connected?

If you connect your laptop in the same LAN where the elastix server is, do you have access to the web interface?

David Medina

13. williajjc

I'm setting this up at home. I live in South Africa. It's a simple little home network with my laptop (Windows XP. the elastix server is connected to the same little 6 port 10/100 switch. You can skyp me if you wisk.....Skype name : joncom.technologies

14. telecomtechnician

If you are at home and have a switch, why you can do a test with out connecting to the internet.

Simply connect the elastix server and the laptop to the switch and try to access the web interface.

It should work with no problem.

David Medina

15. jgutierrez

Connect them directly, by the way what is the network configuration of your computer? Mask?
    What is the network configuration of your elastix?
    Paste the output of:
    ifconfig

Try to do a tracert from your pc to elastix, and try a traceroute from your elastix to your pc, paste the results

16. ccg121

I am having a similar problem with the web interface I cannot access it from a local machine my network setup is Modem->Router->Elastix box and my mac I installed x windows on the elastix box and can access web interface through it however cannot access web interface or ssh over local lan but can telnet and ping, the iptables firewall is stopped anyone with any clue?

17. witdirect

Check your DNS settings on Elastix box this will happen if DNS is not configured properly.

18. ccg121

setup properly still getting nothing just loading indefinitely and I can also connect to extensions with my sip softphones

19. witdirect

You have both primary and secondary DNS settings in place.
    Ok at cli type setup and check your setting for NIC and DNS.

20. ccg121

I have no secondary DNS but settings for primary are that of the router 192.168.1.1 and the nic is using a static IP 192.168.1.12 witch is set in the setup and also by mac address from the router netmask is 255.255.255.0 and default gateway is 192.168.1.1