canreinvite function on Elastix HA servers

Discussion in 'General' started by vanillatwilight, Jan 10, 2011.

1. vanillatwilight

Hi,

I have installed Elastix 2.0.0 on two servers with the following package details:

Kernel-Linux(i386)2.6.18
    Asterisk-1.6.2.13
    Dahdi-2.3.0.1

I have been working on a project on High Availability. What I want to achieve is that established internal calls will not be cut once primary server is down and services will transfer to the secondary server. On first tries, calls are definitely cut since asterisk along with other services are stopped in the primary server and then started again in the secondary server.

I did some research and found an asterisk function, canreinvite. As per the forums, if this is set to yes, calls that are already established are not automatically cut. I tried applying this on vicidial and it actually worked. But when I tried it on elastix, it's not working. Any ideas?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

2. fmvillares

can reinvite does not work ootb in any system with standard config...if you look in asterisk documentation you will se that you need more that canreinvite in yes ...try to search about canreinvite and dtmf mode and you will find your answer...alco seek for codec negociation issues...and remember in can reinvite mode you cant monitor any calls live or record, etc...