Can users have online Phone Book to pass caller ID

Discussion in 'General' started by oshkosh, Sep 12, 2010.

1. oshkosh

Boy it's hard to write a good subject in such limited space!

Question. On my Hosted PBX, users each had a web portal. If they added phone #s here and wrote names, such as "14161111111 - Johnnys BlackBerry", if that number called their physical phone would show Johnnys BlackBerry 14161111111 calling.

I know there's a few portals such as ARI (http://asteriskurl/recordings) for the FreePBX user portal, then also the Elastix Portal, or the Flash Operator Panel. The Elastix portal doesn't seem to have a phone book, and I've tried adding entries to the FreePBX user portal as well as Flash Operator Panel but they don't pass the caller ID to the phones.

What I've done for now is in my VoIP provider portal, they have a phone book so I basically have a global phone book. This works for common calls, but restricts my users from say receiving a call from a phone # with no name, and just adding a name and saving it to their personal phone book so they know who it is when they call back.

Right now they just save them on their actual Cisco 7960 IP Phones which works but just thought I'd check to see if this is possible or not as it's handy. (Not to mention I have 2 different VoIP providers so I need to update the phone book on both!)

2. dingoland

Hi,

Did you tried Superfecta module ?
    Working fine for a lot of phonebooks ;)

Regards