can not see NIC card

Discussion in 'General' started by Roshdy, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Roshdy

dear all

I installed elastix

I have two network card
    first is nVidia MCP73 onboard
    second is Realtek
    nVidia can not be seen and can not find driver

thanks

2. rollinsolo

nVidia can not be seen and will not be seen the Kernel Elastix runs on does not load the drivers for linux, you cannot just pop the cd that comes with the motherboard on there at least I dont think you can. You have to find a Network Card that works, I think I found some cheap Aopen 10/100 cards that worked one time, I am having the same problem with some 3com cards I bought. It sucks. Wasted my money.

3. rollinsolo

does anyone have a fix for Nic's, I would hate to see 8 3com cards get dustier than they already are. Lol.

4. rollinsolo

Any Luck with 3 com devices, I am re installing now to see if it picks it up.

5. dicko

never had a trouble with 3com check your slots and irq's

6. rollinsolo

Dicko do you have to use Dahdi with 1.5 I am not really familiar with it, I know Zapata, can I just use that instead how do I make sure to use that as opposed to Dahdi?

7. dicko

It's late in florida the gators will get you!

No zaptel gone in 1.5, all dahdi now, (I think that's a good thing (I saw you had some zap stuff in a previous post what you got?)

DAHDI is just ZAPTEL "rebranded"

8. ramoncio

Some more things have changed. genzaptelconf has ben replaced for dahdi_genconf, which has less command line options, for example. I don't see the point for this, but maybe someone in Digium can see it. :(
    And I've read that some X100P cards don't work now, but I'm not very sure about it. I have two different models of X100P and both of them work, after solving some irq issues.

About the nics, I have never had a problem with a 3com card in linux, maybe your model is a strange one, maybe it's malfunctionig or has some conflict.
    You can get a 10/100 nic with realtek RTL8139 chip, as they are very common, very cheap, and have support for any OS out of the box.
    But you'd better use gigabit networks.

9. rollinsolo

Ok 3 com worked or has worked the whole time just didnt automatically assign an IP during root login, but I noticed it in the router, so I see chan_dahdi.conf, this replaces zapata.conf I will assume the one I manipulate to set pri channels will be dahdi_channels.conf but I do not see that .conf file yet, although I have not put in the Rhino Card yet either so maybe it will not be generated until I detect hardware. Just want to step lightly at first.

10. dicko

There is a new directory in /etc called dahdi , in which is system.conf where the channels/timing/spans etc are defined

11. rollinsolo

Ouch what is this:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
    Added -1 weeks, -1 days, -12 hours, -55 minutes ago
    (freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

and

Failed to connect to the Asterisk manager through port: 5038
    Added -1 weeks, -1 days, -12 hours, -55 minutes ago
    (retrieve_conf.FATAL)

whatever it is its stopping me from updating all the modules, It recognizes the Rhino right away, so Ill deal with that later, but Asterisk is not running right now, I assume this is the error.

12. rollinsolo

I cannot apply any changes, hmmm, is it time for a reload, ugg and a re-raid, Oh well its good practice, but I will wait to hear from you guys first, to try new troubleshooting methods as opposed to starting over everytime. Thanks, I promise to share my future solutions with the world. Be back after 5pm EST.

13. Roshdy

Thanks dicko for this link, but I didn't find the driver of Centos, I think elastix is based on Centos.
    If I am right please tell me how can I find the driver of Centos
    If I am wrong please tell me which driver can I use
    thanks in advance

14. dicko

Centos 5 is just a "rebranded" (or perhaps "unbranded" ) RHEL5 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) use that one

15. Roshdy

There are
    RHEL3_U9
    RHEL4_U5
    RHEL4_U6
    RHEL5
    RHEL5_U1

which one of them
    sorry for inconvenience

16. dicko

I think you will find that it is one download that supports all of those releases.then the rpm for rhel5u1

17. rollinsolo

Thanks, for the info, I am reloading Elastix now to hopefully fix the errors, do you have set steps you like to install as best practice, like install, then go straight to free pbx and upload all modules, then move to other tasks such as aastra xml scrips and what not. Just curious or should I start a new thread for that so we stay on topic. Sorry if so.

18. dicko

Sounds like a new thread