Can not create new users

Discussion in 'General' started by MareAlta, Feb 27, 2011.

1. MareAlta

Greetings to all and thanks for all work you have been done.

After installing elastix, all seems to work perfectly. But there some mistery with this problem!

I can login qith Admin username and password, see everything, change things. But one that i can't, is create a new user to a further extension and componnents assigns.
    The user lists shows up but the only user appears to be "Admin" anda i don't have any New User button to create a new one!
    I can create Groups, set the permissions but no new users! Can Edit the Admin user in password e-mail, etc.
    Should i say Chmod files&Folders? I've set 775 all html folder, wich it seems to be the main one, when i try to access elastix main page! Am I correct?

Thanks to all
    Best Regards!
    MareAlta
    snapshot.png

2. dicko

3. MareAlta

That's exactly what's happenning with me.!

4. gl1176

Yesterday I just realized I had this same problem on a fresh install of 2.0.2 with all the updates.

Here is a temp fix for now:

Fresh install of 2.0.0 with all the updates.

I did a diff on all the files for the user modules and found no changes. You can add users to the sqlite database, but that's doing it the hard way. This is an example:

/usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/www/db/acl.db "INSERT INTO acl_user VALUES('recordnumber', 'user', 'description', '`echo -n password|md5sum|cut -d ' ' -f 1`', 'extension')"

I can't wait for the patch from Elastix, so the best way is the first option listed if you have the chance to do a fresh install. Might be able to restore from a backup without breaking this, but some one will have to test this.

5. gl1176

I guess I posted to soon.

I found that the bug only occurs if you edit the name of the administrator group. I was changing the names of the groups to correct spelling and punctuation, and after I did, the button went away. When I changed only the administrator back to the original spelling, the button to add new users was restored.

I will update the bug description in the bug tracker.

6. fmvillares

Re: Re:Can not create new users

yeap but dont expect any changes from palosanto soon as alex the main developer is ill resting after an operation and all development is stopped...

7. Lee Sharp

I am sorry he is ill, but really? One guy is out and development stops? This is frightening! One of the key IT questions I ask in any audit; "What happens if he dies in a car wreck?" This includes myself... If I am suddenly no longer available, (It could be a nasty quitting my job as well) what does that do to business continuity?

8. fmvillares

well ask palosanto about that....that was one of the things were talking about almost 2 hours by phone with dicko...

9. MareAlta

gl1176 or for those who read this post, please do me a favor:

Reply to here, how did you put the Names and description of Administrator Group.
    I've already tried to correct, but with no Success. I'm trying to remember, even i've searched on Google, but didn't find any snapshots or manual with this specific ilustrations!

Thanks to all and hope that Alex get weel soon.
    Best regards

10. fmvillares

we all hope that alex return in good health as of today!!!

11. MareAlta

Does someone has already know about this bug? Can anybody help me, replacing the Administrator Group to the original english?

Just post how it is written please! I've already searched in Google images, wtih thousands of elastix snapshots, but no one show Groups! Or maybe i'm not searching well.

Thanks to all for the efforts.

12. dicko

I have heard on good authority that as far as the Elastix developers are concerned, there are no known serious unresolved bugs in Elastix 2.0. I believe some might disagree with this position.

If you also disagree maybe you should open your own in the "bug-tracker" link below.

regards

dicko

13. MareAlta

Therefore by your words, i presume that i will be not able to add users to my ELASTIX anymore, correct?
    If I missunderstood you, i'm not able to add any user! I've changed the Administrator group with a diferent name and description to Portguese Description! All I need to know, it's only that somebody reply to this topic,

What's the original Name of:
    Administrators Group
    What's the original Description for this Group

I Can't add users, set up extensions to a user, and a few things after i made those changes!

Just need the original names and descriptions (english version).
    As someone said in last posts, the change for the original language, it would fix the problem.

That's all! Nothing else!

14. husaints

Hi,

Had the same problem. Easy fix is mentioned in the thread, change back the administrator group name to the original way it was. Changing the administrator group name caused this problem for me.

The original group name is "administrator" without the quotes. Changed it back to this and the users and creating new user buttons are back!!!

Hope this helps.

H.

15. MareAlta

Thanks very much! That's all I need! It's fixed! Thank you very much once more!
    My troubles has gone!

16. fmvillares

the bad news are that palosanto has not resolved this in main stream distro even when lots of solutions are trivial