Can my PAP2T be used as a PSTN Trunk with elastix?

brn_bxtr

I Have Elastix installed , now i am able to make inbound calls (extensions to extensions), but i am stuck when setting up trunk, i have a PSTN Line through which i need the Elastix users to call outside world,

My question is Can my Linksys PAP2T be used as a Trunk to integrate PSTN...
(PSTN TRUNK)

If It can be done where can i find the configuration. Pls help

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Yes, it works fine. Look Elastix_without_tears.pdf, Appendix D.3.

brnbxtr

Re:Can my PAP2T be used as a PSTN Trunk?

My question is Can my Linksys PAP2T be used as a Trunk to integrate PSTN... to make calls to the outside world using my PSTN LINE..
(PSTN TRUNK)

If It can be done where can i find the configuration. Pls help

Thanks in advance,

I have a PSTN LINE (Ordinary Telephone Line) and will like to used it as a truck to the outside world. My PBX extensions work fine with PAP2T.. i can make internal calls to other extension using my Linksys PAP2T

dicko

Not unless you can find one with an FXO port :) , normally they have two FXS ports which while good for Phones, not good for lines at all.

wrf911

Hi,

The Linksys PAP2T (and PAP2)is only equipped with two FXS ports. FXS ports connect to analog phones not to a POTS line. The Linksys SPA3000 has both and FXS port and an FXO port. The FXO port can be connected to a regular POTS line and used as a trunk. Visually they both look very similar. But, I've never seen a PAP2T with an FXO port. I don't think they exist. I have both a SPA3000 and as PAP2T and they work extremely well.

Check out Ebay. Both the PAP2T and the SPA3000 seem to be selling for around $50.00 or less. Make sure you get the unlocked version.

dicko

I apologise for any confusion I caused , I guess my dry humor was not appreciated :)

brnbxtr

Thanks you very much for that important information...

wrf911

Dicko,

No appology necessary. I do appreciate your dry humor. Just thought I would jump in with something I actually had some experience with.

Your posts on this forum are extremely valuable. They have helped me and many others countless times. Thank you for your effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen