Can I use Elastix to start a Hosted PBX business?

toddjing

Can I use Elastix to start a Hosted PBX business?
may bu use for 10 small business and billingto them.
but I can't find hot to billing them.
if can I use A2Billing for PBX customers billing system?

Thanks!

Chilling_Silence

Short answer: Yes! Definitely!

Long answer: Its a lot more complicated than just starting up a business, and I would highly recommend you dont actually advertise your service until you've done your own business and several other businesses of friends (It may mean you take a loss, or less profit early on, but the planning and knowledge will be vital).
There's *so* much to consider, I promise its not as easy as just "setting up a server & installing asterisk", regardless of which distro you choose. Especially running a business there are many many things to consider, such as tech support, what level of access your customers have to the box.
You dont wanna run it via a VPS, it never works as well.

We've actually gone and written two completely independent billing systems for our customers, and we're *still* polishing it off. Unfortunately the CDRs that asterisk generates arent 100% reliable, so that complicates life somewhat. AFAIK they're about to do a rewrite on the whole CDR system.

Get setup with Elastix, use it yourself, and try and find some friends or local businesses who'd be willing to get on and "test" in return for super-cheap SIP calling or something, or free use of your system for a year perhaps?

All in all, good-luck! :)

rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti