Can i connect Elastix to other Siemens exchange?..

Discussion in 'General' started by interplast, Aug 9, 2009.

1. interplast

Apr 30, 2009

We have two offices A and B ,which are connected through wireless access points.One office has Hipath 4000 sciemns exchange(A) and 100 extension numbers are connected to that.Another office has NEC etisalat exchange B having 30 extension numbers.
    Our plan is
    1) migrate all the users in NES exchange to Elastix
    2)Connect Elastix exchange to Sciemens Hipath 4000 (already there is a network connectivity between these offices)
    3)Move the receptionist in location B to Location A( anyhow she should able to attend and forward all the phones coming to B

I did the following testing.

1)I have installed Elastix in IBM server.
    2)Installed 24 port FXO card
    3)Configured two sip extension numbers 101 and 102
    4)Connected a direct line to one port of FXO card.
    5)Configred ZAP extension.
    6)Now i can call from 101 to 102 and vicewersa.
    7)i can call out side using prefix 9.

These are the status of my experiments,as i am not familier with elastix and all.
    But i have no idea about how to proceed more...

Is this scenario works?..

I hope any experianced hands can help me on this....

..Please help me...

Anoop Chandran
  2. rejil.rajan

Apr 8, 2007
    Currently how is the NEC and Siemens Exchange configured to communicate with each other.

Is it using IP or users from NEC communicate with Siemens Exchange via PSTN.

Please could you check with your Siemens vendor if it supports IP, if it supports IP what is the signalling
  3. interplast

Apr 30, 2009

Right now NEC and Siemens are not connected.

Actually,we have 3 branches in the same area.
    a)Siemens HI path 4000
    b)Siemens Hipath 4000

a and b are connected each other now.(through IP. by using wireless access point)

we need to connect b to c

I am looking for a good documentation for this.

I got a good documentation about ' Siemns Hipath4000 to Digium asterisk'..

But unfortunatly its not availabe in the forum and "elastix without tear"

Please reply

Anoop chandran
  4. Bob

Nov 4, 2007
    When I first read your message, I immediately thought that the Siemens was using H323.

The more likely scenario that you might find information on is Siemen's Hipath and Asterisk in google, and it sounds like you have headed that way.

Another link if you have not found it, is below - very little info, but useful of what is in there. ... 544&page=5

Now they talk about patches, but this may not be required now, especially of recent versions of Asterisk, have improved H323 support. You may also want to check what version the HIPaths are on, as it says in the link above that SIP is supported on the later version.

You need to narrow down how you are going to talk to the Siemens (e.g. confirm the protocol), and the Elastix users will confirm what is available and how to go about implementing it.