CAN dial to extensions but CAN'T hear anything!

acarri

Hello everybody,

As the title says, CAN'T hear anything but the phone rings, I have 3 softphones and one ATA, I can dial to from softphone to softpone and from softphone to ATA, and it rings ok, but when I pick up, I can't hear anything, can someone help me please?

Oh, and one last question, how can I dial from my ATA phone to an extension, I dial 101 and nothing happens, I mean, it doesn't have a send button, like the softphones...

Thanks...

andyshawn

It sounds like you having some problem with your RTP traffic. Are you behind a firewall? Are you machines running the softphone on the same LAN as the elastix server?

as it relates to the ATA device, press the # sign after dialing the number and see if that works.

acarri

Hello andyshawn,

Thank you for replying...

I have my elastix 1.6 server at my office, I have the modem connected directly to my eth0 without any firewall at all on the modem side (for the testing phase only), so the public IP gets assigned directly to eth0, in my elastix box I have installed iptables with the default iptables rules, and with port 5060 udp open.

The softphones and my ATA are conected to that server from home. I hope this info helps, if you need more info I'll be glad to provide it...

Regarding the ATA phone, the # sign didn't work, it just sits there without a sound waiting for more digits, any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance...

andyshawn

Hey acarri,

First you will need to allow some more port in iptables.
5060 is for SIP.
4569 is for IAX
10000 - 20000 is for RTP

RTP ports are used to transmit the audio in your voice calls, so you will need to allow these in itables, before you get audio. All UDP ports.

johnme

Hi all

Yes open the ports, as andyshawn says but first off all be sure that your pbx is working fine by setting up some local extentions (in the local lan).
If everything works then change the option from nat=no to nat=yes and you should start working from the internet too.
If your pbx not working in a local environment try to fix that first... this the easy way.

Don't try to fix something from the hard way!!!

Just an opinion

John

acarri

Thank you guys, I'll do that today and report back to you with the results, you are very kind...

PS. Any ideas as to how to dial from my ATA phone to an extension?, I mean, it doesn't have a dial/send button like the softphones... do I have to set that up in the linksys voice tab in my linksys ATA device?

andyshawn

What type of ATA device is it and how is it connected to elastix?

acarri

Thank you all, thanks andyswan, that fixed the problem, I didn't had the RTP ports open, kudos to you1...

Uhm, as for my ATA, it's a linksys wrtp54g conected via internet to my elastix box, and as a phone (connected to my ATA) I'm using a brother personal fax-190, it connects fine, now I can receive calls and everything, I just can't dial out because I don't now which button or conbination of buttons acts as the dial button, like the one in the softphones...

Any help would be appreciated...

andyshawn

Couple More Questions?

Are you able to receive calls from elastix on the phone connected to the ata device?
If yes, then login to the ata device and look for an option that says, use the # sign as the send/dial key.
Also, which context is the extension that is configured on the ata device assigned to?
Is that context allowed to make outgoing calls?

acarri

Hello everybody, hello andyswan, sorry for the late reply...

Ok, here are the answers:

Are you able to receive calls from elastix on the phone connected to the ata device?
a) Yes, I am able to receive calls on the phone connected to the ATA device.

If yes, then login to the ata device and look for an option that says, use the # sign as the send/dial key.
b) I can't find the option "use the # sign as the send/dial key, but I found the "Set termination digit = #", to no avail... and also found this: "Digit Map: *xxT*|1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011x.T", so I think that might be the problem, since this device is a vonage unlocked device, maybe I'll have to change the digit map...

Also, which context is the extension that is configured on the ata device assigned to?
c) All the etensions are from-internal, includin the ATA one.

d) I guess so, all the other extensions can make outgoing calls, but how do I check that?

Thanks you, I hope this info helps...

acarri

Hello everybody, hello andyswan, sorry for the late reply...

Ok, here are the answers:

a) Yes, I am able to receive calls on the phone connected to the ATA device.

b) I can't find the option "use the # sign as the send/dial key, but I found the "Set termination digit = #", to no avail... and also found this: "Digit Map: *xxT*|1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011x.T", so I think that might be the problem, since this device is a vonage unlocked device, maybe I'll have to change the digit map...

c) All the etensions are from-internal, includin the ATA one.

d) I guess so, all the other extensions can make outgoing calls, but how do I check that?

Thank you, I hope this info helps...

acarri

Hello all,

Since this is a new topic, I'm gonna go ahead and create a new thread, just to follow the rules... thank you all for all your help, see you in the new thread "how to dial from an analog phone connected to a wrtp54g ATA"

Best Regards,
Arthur...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen