can Agenda dial a cell phone?

Discussion in 'General' started by tbooth, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tbooth

I was setting up the Agenda today and testing. I was uder the impression you could record and then have the system dial an outside number instead of just your extension.
    Is this possible? I see this as a great tool for calling customers to remind them of their doctor appointments with a pre recorded messege.

2. tbooth

3. tbooth

please provide some input admin..thanks

4. MageMinds

Add an extension of type Custom with a number that have nothing to do with your regular numbers, this extension wont be a device since it's custom.

Then add a Follow Me to that extension and then you can dial the custom extension from any modules FreePBX have.

Here is my setup:

Extension
    User Extension: 266
    Display Name: Cell.FollowMe
    <Submit>

Follow Me
    <Click the custom extension you just added>
    Initial Ring Time: 0
    Ring Strategy: ringallv2
    Ring Time: 25 sec
    Follow Me List:
    2223334567#
    <Submit Changes>

5. tbooth

so to use this in a doctors office to call clients and remind them of appointments I would create a dummy extension for every client and forward to their home number. Thats to much work and thinking for most receptionist, there has to be a better easier way.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

6. MageMinds

Oh I see I didn't saw you question like that, usually features of the PBX are for your users only.

I don't have any experience with Agenda, so I can't help you... I don't think agende is the right tool for you, if I where to make this work I would look into the Calling Center module, and program something that output a config file for the Calling Center, than the Calling Center would call each numbers and play a recording, then hangup. You would also have to detect silence at the other end before starting the playback of your message. This would probably have to be done in a custom context. Those are only idea I would look into to solve your problem, but I pretty sure Agenda is not the solution, the way I see it.

You could check how the agenda is created in the conf files and you could recreate something similar but using a an other dial command with the patient number instead.

7. tbooth

pbx in a flash has the teleyapper program.
    that does dial an external number but you have to type the message and then it played back text to speech to the caller. I don't like it that way I need to be able to record the greetings in a normal voice.

8. MageMinds

Take a look at this ...
    http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/vicidial.html

... I don't know if you can leave a choice to the callee to talk to someone to cancel or reschedule the appointment, but that could be a good solution for you.

I just fond some one in the Installation forum that is trying to install that on Elastix, maybe you shouls chat together ;-)<br><br>Post edited by: MageMinds, at: 2008/07/17 00:15