Campaign - simultaneous outgoing calls

Discussion in 'General' started by lazycharles, Mar 14, 2011.

1. lazycharles

Hi,

I tried to create a new campaign with 100 outgoing numbers. There are 10 agents login before campaign started. Elastix dialed the 100 numbers one by one via DAHDI/g0.

The behavior was strange. It always dialed ONE BY ONE.

For exampes, dial the first outgoing call 091231000. The callee answers the call and this call will connect the 1st agent and the 1st callee.

After connected the 1st call, the 2nd call will start to outgoing ONE BY ONE.
    After the 2nd calls have connected between the 2nd callee and the 2nd agent.

In my idea, the callee numbers(outgoing) should be dialed out in the same time limited by max. used channels, is it?

Can anyone give me any tips?

Best regards,
    Charles

2. fmvillares

the system needs some stats to populate the algorithm and launch many calls at the same time..also u have a parametri to give the simultaoeous channels numbers...and other paranmetro configuring a percentage of overdialing

3. lazycharles

I forgot to say that the campaign should dial to the trunk simultaneous calls. How many calls should be dialed in the same time? I think it should be equal to the available agents or more than one call.

But in this campaign, it always dial one call and then waiting for an available agent to answer it. Campaign will not dial next call before the available agent answers last call. I don't think it is really. It should dial serveral simultaneous calls and waiting for agents.

Best regards,
    Charles

4. mjyolbes

have you been able to fix it? if yes, please help, im having the same issue..i think so..

5. pmurphy

it should be dialing one to one ratio without the overcommit

If you have 10 agents login and start a campaign you should see multiple dials starting, and quickly getting to 1 to 1 in process of connecting.

Make sure you have a trunk capable of multiple channels (sip trunk or whatever) and selecting its use in your campaign.

With overcommit turned on as the system dials numbers and the sum of numbers dialed ratio to connected starts to accumulate the predictive will attempt to dial faster than 1 to 1 as the algorithm attempts to compensate for no answers and such. This process will begin to tune itself as more calls are made, the art of using such is having a good list of numbers with even contact rates. When you have a list that has say 100 good numbers and then 50 bad numbers in a row don't be surprised at the way the algorithm ramps up and down the dialing throughout the list, as this is a product of your list not the effectiveness of the system that can only deal with what it fed to it.