Calls from one specific phone dropped

Discussion in 'General' started by Stinger81, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Stinger81

Okay, I got me a strange one today. One of my collegues, who works from home, tries to call the office with his cell phone. When our box "answers" the call, it is being hung up. He put his sim card in another phone, still causing the hangup. Is he using his landline, he doesn't get hung up, so it also can't be his hands radiating some magical kind of energy causing the hangup.

It doesn't matter which inbound route is followed, on all he will get hung up with his cell phone.
    Other cell phones don't get hung up.
    Calling him on his cell phone, from inside, can also be done without any problem.
    I tried enabling and disabling "Send RINGING", to no effect.

I'm out of ideas, anyone else got some inspiration?
    Here's part of the log where it seems to go wrong. My phone rings about half a ring and then displays missed call.

2. Bob

Bob

Stinger81,

Need some more info to assist.

Incoming lines : SIP/IAX/ZAP
    Interface if Zap: TDM400 / A400 / E1 / T1

The issue is most likely not to do with your phone which is the information that you published.

Regards

Bob

3. wiseoldowl

I'm looking suspiciously at that s@macro-dial:7 - when a call completes normally, does it also start with the s@ pattern? The reason I ask is because just looking at this, I'm thinking that there's no DID number to match to any of your incoming routes. In that case I would normally send you here for more information:
    http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... nd-it-and-

BUT what would be really weird is if it's the same incoming trunk and landline calls and most cell phone calls complete normally, but one specific cell provider has somehow figured out that you can accept SIP calls and is trying to send them to you directly, bypassing the PSTN. Normally that could only happen if you have registered your trunk number(s) with one of the ENUM registries (or an upstream provider has done that on your behalf). That would certainly cause the issue you're having - the call would be coming to you directly without a DID that you recognize. What happens if you allow anonymous SIP calls (on the General settings page), does that make any difference?

4. Stinger81

Okay, I guess I should have told you a bit more about our situation.

Our external lines are four ISDN2 lines, using a block of 20 DID's
    These ISDN2 lines come into a Patton 4638, which translates them to SIP and sends them to our box.

In our box, we have defined several inbound routes, including an "Any CID/Any DID".
    I defined a route for one of the unused DID's, pointing directly to my extension for testing in this situation, but with any and every DID this problem arises.

No matter which DID he calls, he is getting put through the right path. I can verify that by the announcements it is going through, or by the fact that if he dials the DID patched through to my extension, my extension rings. So the DID's are recognized, that's not the/an issue.

Next, his cell phone provider... That would be the Dutch KPN. The same one that provides us our ISDN2 lines.
    I happen to use KPN too for my cell phone, and I don't have any problem at all calling in.
    So that kind of eliminates the possibility of the provider causing this, I would guess...

Hope this is enough info to keep the thinking going. ;)

5. Stinger81

It's getting even stranger... Somehow, the issue is resolved, without me changing anything...

Anyway, all who responded: Thanks for your help!!!

6. Stinger81

Guess what... The critter is back...
    Short: call from that specific cell phone dropped on answer.

Here's an extraction from the logs where it enters an announcement:
    111111111 => DID
    222222222 => Cell Phone number

7. Stinger81

New log, with higher verbosity and debug level:
    Anyone who received some kind of inspiration out of these logs?

8. Stinger81

I guess I was inspired by something, though not resulting in a solution...

Are there any network services on the cell phone network which could influence Asterisk and cause this problem?

9. Stinger81

We consider this issue to be resolved.
    This morning he couldn't call in, he went to a KPN office and had his phone reset and this afternoon he could call in.