Calling for reinforcements

cowboy47

Hi,

I have a server that has been running wonderfully for several years. I recently started having problems with one local provider who will provide SIP DID lines. Currently in the server, I have trunks from Aeris Communications, Teliax, Dow Networks, Broadvoice & 4 local FXO lines, plus 1 SIP trunk from the local provider.

Recently, this one SIP trunk has started to encounter problems with echo on the calls. To my knowledge there is no settings to correct echo on a sip call. My server has a 5MB sychronous Internet connection and from the server, I have 2 segments that have 2MB synchronous to remote offices. The phones that we are using are a mixture of Aastra 480i phones & Polycom IP330 phones. The echo problem only occurs on the local SIP DID number and I need something to prove that the problem does not reside on my server.

There are approximately 5 hops from my server to the local VOIP provider, I show no delays on my end, and all delays that do appear, appear after the midpoint interconnect of Global Crossings in Panama.

Can anyone give me some additional information or ammunition since the local provider is saying that the problem exists on the elastix server.

Thanks,

telecomtechnician

One force

Hi

Why don`t you install(configure) one or all of this trunks directly to an xlite softphone or a ip hardphone?

That way you are isolating the elastix server from the trunks and testing them, so you can find out if you still have echo?

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

cowboy47

Re:One force

Well, that would be an option, however, then you have eliminated the need for the pbx, which is kinda of the whole point. On top of that, this local provider is the only one that has the echo problem, so, once again, that does not do anything to prove that they have the problem.

C

davidh

Just reinforcing what David Medina is saying if you use the sip trunk from the provider directly on a iphard phone. If there is still an echo on the hardphone it must be your sip line from provider if there is no echo play around with your codex, might help.

But first do the test.

Regards

dave heun

Ichorcom007

cowboy47 said:
Well, that would be an option, however, then you have eliminated the need for the pbx, which is kinda of the whole point. On top of that, this local provider is the only one that has the echo problem, so, once again, that does not do anything to prove that they have the problem.

C
I also recommend doing this cause I had this happen to me when I started my Unified messengering business. Let me say something , The experience I had with my company is when ever a customer is more than 3 hops away on a sip trunk over a dsl line there is a tendency for echo and other issues on the trunk. See my co-location at the main data center for the east coast of Canada(super node) sits in the cage 3 feet from the meta switch that provides all my customers with their DSL. I am pretty much always getting a 1 hop connection from customers and i have 0 let me say this again 0 issues with call quality,echo, delay, things like this for well over a year now. THese are all customers local here in Toronto. Now for most of my customers on the east coast of North America because of my position in the data center 75% of the time these customers are with in three hops. So tell me your location and DIDS needed and I may be able to help you, also depending on your provider, if this incoming channel goes through multiple asterisk systems before terminating to your box, this could also be an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi