Calling directly cell phone number from IVR menu?

Discussion in 'General' started by JohnyBeGood, Oct 31, 2008.

1. JohnyBeGood

Hi,

How can I call cell # directly within IVR?
    I've tried setting up follow me with no luck, it seems like extension needs to be registered.

Thanks!

2. wiseoldowl

Create a new Misc. Destination, in the "dial" text box put the cell phone number as you would dial it from a phone on your system, give it any description you like and submit. Go to IVR, create new IVR selection and select the Misc. Destination.

While you are at it, if you want to be able to call your cell using a speed dial number on your local system, create a Misc Application, give it any description you like, put the desired speed dial number in the "Feature Code" text box, and then again select the Misc. Destination. You do not have to create the Misc. Application if you don't want a local speed dial number.

Don't forget to use the Submit button on each page you create or modify, and then to click the bar to make all your changes take effect.

By the way, when you tried the follow-me, did you remember to put a # at the end of the cell number (required for an offsite number)?

3. JohnyBeGood

While ago I read somewhere that I need to put # if I want to dial external number but this time I totally forgot [​IMG]
    Actually I like using Misc. Destination better then follow me. It seems likes it uses less CPU power to process the call, it starts to dial as soon as press the assigned digit. I've also found useful your tip with speed dial.
    I really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks!

4. hightekhosting

Hey all,

Thanks for that info! We've been looking at doing the same thing so that we can setup a failover where the calls route to on-call tech's mobiles if unanswered or they meet time conditions.

Cheers,

Dale Evans
    Manager