Calling Card business for a newbie

tduccuong

Hi all,

My name is Cuong Truong and I am living in Germany. A week ago I and my friend came up with this idea of starting our own calling card business. For that I have done a lot of googlings and finally come to know about Elastix and A2Billing. So I downloaded Elastix and managed to have it up and running. I created an extension that allows me to make phone call to regular phone (PTSN, Celluar) network via my sip.nonoh.net account. However I dont know how to make the reverse way work, as I am an absolute newbie in all of these actually. Thus I have here few questions:

1. Can I use my current landline phone as DID number, or I must buy one from a supplier? For this if anyone happens to know of a good DID supplier in Germany pls share with me, thank you.

2. What do I do to make my Elastix server accepts calls dialed to the DID number, and redirects the calls to A2Billing? Some special hardware is required, or just the DID number is self-adequate?

3. How do I know that my Nonoh account (or any SIP account) allows multiple access at same time i.e., more than one custumers can simultaneously make long-distance phone calls through the SIP account?

Thank you and sorry for my broken English,
Cuong

mm.alpha2k

1 if you got a line connected to the PSTN, you can use to receive calls. You could also hire at a proveedro VOIP DID.
2 If you hire a VOIP provider, it is enough. If not, you must have a plate OpenVox, DIGUIM, Sangoma, etc.
3 The truth, in my case, never use Nonoh, you should consult you with them, but I think only accept 1 call at a time, or one they do according to ;)

tduccuong

hi, thanks for the quick reply. Can you elaborate your answer a little further? Sorry these questions may sound stupid, but I know very little on the topic...

1. Suppose that I got a PSTN line or a DID number, how exactly can I use them to receive calls at my Elastix box?
2. What do u mean by hiring a VOIP provider? It sounds to me that I host my Elastix server at the VOIP provider's site?
3. Can you suggest me a way/service provider to get multiple simultaneous calls? Well I know Nonoh and Rynga, but they dont seem to support this service...

Thank you very much!

mm.alpha2k

When I talk to PSTN, I mean the copper pair from the street!,
you can connect it to this line with a plate OpenVox, and receive calls.

I wanted to say esque contracts with any VOIP provider, so you can make calls!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen