Calling another elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by farid321, Mar 30, 2010.

1. farid321

Hello guys , i have installed fresh elastix and i configured only two extensions and i can call internally with no problem , what if i have some sip address of people i want to call , EG 101@somedomain.com , 100@anotherdomain.com and sure they have their own asterisk . iam not able to call another sip addresses ,and i dont want to rely on voip providers i need to call directly . how to do that , it needs trunks? outgoing rules ??
    please advise how to accomplish this in details plz ,

2. esampark

Yes you will need trunks to do this. just add any trunk with "host=somedomain.com" , and use it in outbound route for your specific rule to dial an extension on that server. your call will go through if the server on somedomain.com accepts anonymous incoming calls, or has added your server ip.

3. dicko

Perhaps you should set the "sip alias" by extension, just make sure the domain is externally resolvable.

dicko

4. farid321

yes guys but i need to call not only this sip address , do i have to add trunk for each domain i want to call , when i call from softphone 101@domain.com it says your call can not be completed .tell me plz what kind of trunks i need to add with details i'm still new to elastix

5. dicko

You said you didn't want to pay for a VOIP PSTN trunk, that's ok, then you will have to limit yourself to servers that will forward your calls (very few will forward to landlines for free)

to call

101@somedomain.com
    100@anotherdomain.com

you need to implement a trunk to somedomain.com and anotherdomain.com, that will require SIP authorities to be exchanged that only you and somedomain.com's voip administrator should ever share, then alias the digital "extension" to a SIP alias so a hardphone which is limited to DTMF addressing .

If you don't have "hardphones" You can just make "point-to-point" calls from many SIP softphones, If that is all you want you don't need Elastix, just softphones.