Caller name in phone display when receiving a call

Discussion in 'General' started by porsche924, Aug 29, 2009.

1. porsche924

Hello all,

First of al, what a great package. Elastix changed our total business. Thanx foor that.:)

Is there a way to get the name of my customer in my Spa-942 display when I am being called.
    Now there is juist a telephone number. But we want to see wich customer of us is calling us.

I would be very happy witch a solution, after long nights trying to achieve this.;)
    Has it anything to do with Asterisk Phonebook in the Freepbx module.
    Has anyone experience?

Thanx in advance.
    Bas Huijsen
    The Netherlands

2. dicko

If you are in the NANP area then usually the Name is not delivered over SIP/IAX2, for POTS lines you need to subscribe to "extended CID", you can often subscribe to that feature (CNAM) from your VSP for about a penny a call, you can also query the CNAM database from a third-party for about the same price. (CNAM (LERG based) info is jealously guarded by the RBOC's and CLEC's so anyway you go you will have to pay for it)

google asterisk CNAM

3. Patrick_elx

4. porsche924

Patrick,
    This looks really great!
    I have just installed it and looks promising.
    Monday I will see if it works.
    When a customer from our Asterisk-DB calls, I want to see his name in my Linksys phone display.
    Thank you very much for this great information Patrick

5. Patrick_elx

I would suggest that you use the module debug box to check with known numbers that you have a correct answer and specially that the number format you are providing is correct for the source. If not you just need to apply the proper +| filter to change it to the proper value.

6. porsche924

Already tried Debug, and it works Fine. It reconizes the numer and name from the asterisk DB.
    I am doeing this remotly, so I will see if it works on the phones on the business tomorrow.
    Wat a great App.
    I will give you the results when I know more.
    Thanx again.

7. porsche924

Working!! Re:Caller name in phone display

It Workssss!!!
    Thanx Allot!!!!

The only thing I missed was the Inbound option SOURCE, I had to switch from None to CallerID Superfecta.

Now Elastix recognizes all our Customers added to AsteriskDB and shows their name in our SIP Phones.

Well Patrick Thanx again.
    You saved me a lott nightly hours, wich I can spend now with my wife and kids.
    Greets Bas Huijsen form the Netherlands

8. Patrick_elx

Re:Working!! Re:Caller name in phone display

I'm glad that it's working for you.
    This module is a great tool and still continues to be improved.
    It would be easy also to add a lookup source for the build-in elastix phonebook with the DB module.