caller id

arashino

hi everyone

I have installed trunk between two elastix server according to method 1 and method 2 in elastix without tears. but my problem is why didnt move caller id from one server to another server. istead caller id number of iax extensions move.thanks in advance

hinzinho

What do you have under your Peer Detail section under the IAX trunk? Do you have context=from-internal?

arashino

hi

peer details:

host=server b ip
qualify=yes
type=peer
trunk=yes

register string:

5050:5050tiz@server b ip

my iax2 ext:

dicko

Make sure that the intra PBX outbound routes are marked as "Intra Company Routes"

arashino

hi again

what does "marked as Intra company routes" mean?
how can i mark like this?

dicko

Have you looked at the outbound routes unembedded page (maybe embedded also, I don't go there, it scares me)

there is a field called :

Intra Company Route

with the hover over help of:

Optional: Selecting this option will treat this route as a intra-company connection, preserving the internal Caller ID information and not use the outbound CID of either the extension or trunk.

I assume you have used this page to route intra company calls to the "other" Asterisk box. If you did then perhaps you should follow the advice of FreePBX and "check it" , no?

dicko

arashino

dear dicko

thanks for your kind of help. when i select "Intra Company Routes" , caller id move to my server. I am very happy.

raj

Dicko and arashino, i have "Intra Company Routes: checked and all other settings are the same as arashino posted above but i couldnt see Caller ID and its showing only the Trunk ID on either sides, read everywhere on forums and Elastix without tears but no hope so far please help.

angelcomercial

Re: Re:caller id

raj escribió:
Dicko and arashino, i have "Intra Company Routes: checked and all other settings are the same as arashino posted above but i couldnt see Caller ID and its showing only the Trunk ID on either sides, read everywhere on forums and Elastix without tears but no hope so far please help.
I have the same issue, using a T1 dahdi trunk.

Sam

dicko

Are you actually getting Caller ID ?

Did you use the embedded version or the unembedded version of FreePBX?

arashino

dear friends

i really get caller id. i used unembedded version of FreePBX. i use on analog side of my telephony systems. :)

angelcomercial

Hi

Yes I have caller ID now

Please don't laugh, the phone company was not providing it and since it was a T1 I was not able to test with regular phone.

Thanks for your replay

Sam angel

raj

Starting from my last post since long back,

My 2 Elastix boxes can see each others extension caller id, but since Box B is using ISDN line of Box A for PSTN call im not able to pass the caller to pstn caller,

for e. g. from Box A, If I call any PSTN Mobile I can use any of my 100DID and it works perfectly, but when calling from Box B through Box A, I can only see trunk ID of 5 Digit instead, I defined caller id and all possible settings, but still nothing worked, Genius Dicko and others here could help im sure. please help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr