Caller ID

derflanoj

Hi to everyone,

I want to ask some information regarding caller ID. I have setup an elastix and it is working both for incoming and outgoing, now I want to know how to setup the caller ID thing in elastix. Do I have to set or configure something on elastix server because right now all incoming call are displaying as "unknown". Or the elastix server will automatically detect the number if the caller ID feature on my PSTN provider (Telephone company) is enabled.

Thanks,

dicko

The callerID feature must also agree with what your carrier sends, (there is more than one method used, depending on where you are located) also check with a "good old analog phone" that it is working in the first place.

dicko

derflanoj

Does it mean that if the caller ID feature is enabled on my carrier elastix would automatically know the number?

dicko

In general, only if you live in NANP land (North American Numbering Plan, US, Canada and some of the Caribbean and a few other outlying islands) and you have subscribed to it , the defaults of Asterisk are of that jurisdiction (bellcore), if you don't live there your carrier will likely use another method, (if any).

Patrick_elx

derflanoj said:
Does it mean that if the caller ID feature is enabled on my carrier elastix would automatically know the number?
If the carrier send the caller ID, yes you should be able to have it in Elastix.
But you need to configure your FXO card correctly.
And as dicko wrote, that's where it become a little bit more complicated as each country/provider may use different signaling standards.

Look at your card config manual that should explain the different signaling options available and try to figure out which Caller ID signaling is used by your provider.

derflanoj

Thanks for the information. I am using Grandstream GXW4104 can I achieve my goal (getting the callerID) with this device. By the way I am located in the philippines. Does someone have an idea what is the signaling method here?

dicko

Only if they (the vendor) send it , and you (derflanoj) have taken the time to discover what they send, and how to let asterisk know how to decode that signal, again that is location specific.

If the above pertains, then of course you can, it will just work, it is not local hardware specific

dicko

derflanoj

Thanks to all of you guys for giving me information, it is very helpful to me and been able to solved my problem. What I did was adjust the setting on my Grandstream gateway to the settings that my pstn provider user regarding the caller ID and work perfectly without adjusting on Elastix.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc