Caller ID Superfecta 2.2.2 released

Discussion in 'General' started by Patrick_elx, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Patrick_elx

News release seen at: http://projects.colsolgrp.net/projects/superfecta/news

Superfecta 2.2.2 Maintenance Release Available Now.

I am pleased to announce the immediate release and availability of the caller ID Superfecta module for FreePBX version 2.2.2.

Scope of Release
    In version 2.2.2, developer Patrick took off the gloves and smacked-down the last few nagging bugs we discovered that get in the way of true worldwide caller ID support. With a little help from Zorka and Nixi, he also squashed out every single bug that was filed against version 2.2.1. Way to go Patrick!! During that same time, forum user ukstevef has taken suggestions from the forums and turned them into at least a couple brand new data sources for us. Several other minor bugs were addresses. As of this writing, there are astonishing 27 data sources available for the Superfecta.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Module Install / Upgrades
    This version release addresses some issues that were experienced by the first 50 or so users upgrading from previous versions of the Superfecta module to version 2.2.1. During that upgrade process, previous data source configurations were not satisfactorily maintained.

In version 2.2.2, the upgrade should work exactly as lead developer Jeremy Jacobs intended. What that means is whatever previously established data sources and configurations you had before the upgrade will still be there after the upgrade. (The poor upgrade experience in 2.2.1 was entirely my fault, I'm afraid.)

New Installs
    If you install this version of the module from scratch (not as an upgrade), all 27 data sources will be visible in the Superfecta user interface, and a basic selection of sources will be preconfigured for you in the default CID scheme. You may customize as needed.

Upgrades
    If you install this version of the module as an upgrade from any version 2.x.x, all 27 data sources will be installed and made visible in the Superfecta user interface. Your selection and arrangement of data sources will be retained. Sources which required extra configuration will retain those settings in the new version of the data source. It

2. rafael

great job :), nice to have you in our community. Are you in the developers mailing list?

3. Patrick_elx

Yes Rafael, but it's often flying above my head :-(

4. haamed

5. Patrick_elx

try again, the server was down for a few hours.

6. haamed

Thanks it is ok now ;)

7. crogers04

I just did a fresh install of Elastix 32bit and installed the Superfecta 2.2.3 module and it modified the elastix.conf file as stated here. It is not working. Has anyone tried this with a new install. I also upgraded FreePBX to 2.7.

Thanks,

Chris

8. Patrick_elx

I haven't tried with 2.7 but I haven't read any report of problem so far with it.

Please describe your problem.

9. jcardinal

Patrick_elx, do you know if/when a source will be added for vtiger? Or would a person just use the generic MySQL source in this situation? It looks like Elastix 2.0 will be ditching SugarCRM completely in favor of vtiger.

10. Patrick_elx

I haven't installed vtiger on my system then I'm not sure exactly how the db is setup for it.
    But if it's a MySQL database like sugarCRM it should be easy to create a lookup source for it.
    Just look at the sugarCRM lookup source file and you can maybe modify it yourself for vtiger.

If I have time one day I may do it, but don't expect anything soon as I have some other stuff on hold already.