CallCenter with two servers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kanard, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Kanard

Hi everybody.

I try to install a CallCenter solution on two servers : the main one have an sip trunk with my provider, runs the elastix interface and the CallCenter module, the second one have all the sip phones declared on it.

Servers are linked by an IAX2 trunk (peer / user arrangement, context : from-internal). The trunk work fine : i can call sip phone or outbound numbers on both servers.

Here comes my problem : the callcenter module need extensions defined on the main server. But i want to use the sip phones defined on the second server. So i need to define some extensions on the main server that calls numbers on the second one.

I tried many solutions (custom / iax2 / sip extensions, try different CID / DID), without any success : when i define an extension on the main server with a number used by a sip phone on the 2nd one, the dialer try to make a local call, ignoring the dialrules and ignoring the trunk.

So, do you know how to make a kind of "virtual extension" that redirect the call to a distant sip phone?

2. Megabyte

Did you try creating a "Other custom device" in extensions menu with a dial to your other extension in the other server, imagine that you can assing that extension to your agent.

In this devices use custom technologu in dial you can use Local/2525@yourotheripser@context o something like this

3. Kanard

Great, it works! Thanks for the tips!

I made a custom extension, using in Dial field : Local/100@outbound-allroutes (for dialing extension 100, defined on the other server).

4. Kanard

Hi again ;)

My trunk is working fine, but...

... it seems that the Agent Console can't tel a custom extension : it try to tell SIP/number even if the number is defined as a custom extension.

Do you know how to resolve this issue?

5. rejil.rajan

Can you create an extension in the Callcentre Module server with a FollowMe. The FollowME should point the extension to the second server. You could check if it is working

6. Kanard

Nice idea, but it doesn't work :angry:

It seems that the Callcenter module try to call sip/$exten (or iax/$exten) via an AGI command, and it ignore every configuration i do in the freePBX extensions...

Any other idea? :S