Call report produces for answered calls two lines

Discussion in 'General' started by syvox, Jan 14, 2009.

1. syvox

Hallo!

I have problems with the call reporting. CDR produces some strange entrys - and perhaps has somebody a clue?

If some agent calls outbound a call per sip trunk (Tele2 - Austria) - a telephone number - and the call is not answered, a line is added in the CDR with Status "NO ANSWER" - that's ok.

BUT - and thats the problem! - if a call gets answered....
    there is a line added with the STATUS "ANSWERED" - and also right below a second line for the same call (UNIQUEID, NUMBER and TIMESTAMP are the same!) with the status "NO ANSWER"..

Has anyone a clue? - and also where in the scripts is this defined....

My version is Elastix 1.3.

Thankx in advance

Syvox

2. gbrook

Hi,

Seems to be a known issue in 1.3 but I have never seen a solution posted.

Cheers
    Garry

3. dicko

It is behavior to be expected from asterisk, cdr records are generated by default in Elastix, but the contexts through which the call flows are in charge of forking, closing, resetting and commiting these records, many of these contexts although normally functional, oft times ignore the status of the current call record, sometimes causing confusion.

Yet Elastix is a beautiful melange of much effort of many people all working to provide function but from different points of view. Ultimately there is no one way to define what a call record(s) should be for a particular type of call, or more so for a particular implimentor's needs,
    So I suggest you download and parse the data with whatever tool you are familiar with, be that mysql, openoffice, microsoft office etc. (or even fortran or cobol for that matter).

The good thing is that all the data is there, clues might be disposition = ANSWERED , duration greater than 0, or whatever you need.

Maybe the results of the reports/billing module/tab would be cleaner for you, although the formatting could do with some cleaning up, it will give you a much cleaner view of calls that where made from your system (and even how much they cost, if you care to so set it up)

p.s. Have you downloaded and consumed that excellent "Elastix without Tears" document by Ben Sharif?

4. jgutierrez