Call Recording

Discussion in 'General' started by jastele, Aug 10, 2010.

1. jastele

Hello all,

I have an Elastix box setup and it is set to record all calls in and out of the call centre. I have 2 staff that want to be able to view all of these recordings however the monitoring tab will only display recorded calls for your own extension (The one associated to your login)

Is there any way to give a user access to view all of the recordings? Agents have a restricted login and can only see the Agent Console of the Call Centre module so privacy is not a concern here as there will only be the 2 administrative staff with access to the monitoring tab.

Thanks!

2. jastele

Bump

It seems that this is also the way the Call Detail Records are parsed (If your extension is 8130 it will only show CDRs for 8130 and not all extensions).

3. jastele

Just to update I have solved the issue with the CDR display by removing the extension from the non admin users who I wish to view all the CDRs. I did this through SQLite.

I still have the issue with the recordings only showing for the user logged in. I am pretty sure this will be the way it is coded in the php. Can any point me to the right part to adjust so that any user of the admin or staff group (Custom group I made) can view all recordings?

--EDIT--

I have come across:

$esAdministrador in the index.php for the Monitoring tab.

How can I get this variable to include the staff group as well as administrator group?

4. ipconvergence

Hi Jastele,

Thanks for reporting this issue, the last time I used the ARI the administrator could see all the recordings, but I can't remember what version of Elastix this was, probably 1.5.

If the recordings can only be viewed on a per user/extension basis now then this will be a major issue for me as customers need the option to manage/view all recordings centrally through a single account. I have an install next week that this will be a problem for as the customer needs to record financial transactions and to be able to easily retrieve/listen to all recordings through a single account for auditing and quality assurance purposes.

I will look into this issue too and report back if I find anything useful. If anyone can help solve this issue it will be very much appreciated!

Regards,
    Richard

5. ipconvergence

I have just tested the call monitoring on 2.0.1 and it appears that the administrator can still view all recordings, which was a misunderstanding on my part as I didn't think this was possible any more (especially as there is a message on the monitoring page when logged in as the admin that says "There is not an extension number associated with the current user. Please associate an extension with your user in order to see your call recordings. here".

Thinking about it last time I did an install the in house IT support guy was the same person that managed the call recordings so this wouldn't have been an issue. However, this is not the case for the install next week so the ability to give a non admin user access to all recordings is an important feature.

6. jastele

Yeah I was in the same position. I haven't needed a non admin user to access the ARI until now. I will let you know if I am able to work out how to fix this issue.

7. jastele

Bump still looking for advice on how to change the '$esAdministrador' variable to include my custom group 'Staff'

8. jastele

Bump. Still no joy. Is anyone able to help?

9. jastele

Bump - No one has any advice? :(

10. ramoncio

Hi jastele, wellcome to the forum!

Create a user named testuser, and then run this in the console:

Code:
    /usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/www/db/acl.db "UPDATE acl_user SET extension = 0 WHERE name = 'testuser'"

This user then should be able to access all monitorings/CDRs.

11. jastele

Thanks Ramoncio,

Sorry for the slow response. That fix does work for the CDRs but not for the Monitoring tab. To fix the monitoring tab you need to do the following:

Add to /var/www/html/modules/monitoring/index.php

if ($_SESSION['elastix_user'] == 'USERNAMEHERE')
    $esAdministrador = TRUE;

Full details here:

http://elastix.org/en/component/kunena/ ... html#58892

12. mostafa33

many thanks :)