Call Recording stops in the middle of the call

fricci

Community. need some help.

Elastix 2.0 running on a multiple processor server (dell) with 8GB ram. Running about 120 concurrent calls during peak times. Processor usage spiking around 20%.

Asterisk 1.6.2.10.

we record all calls, it's a call center. Sometimes we have to go back to the recordings to check, and we have found several recordings that got cut off in the middle of the call. The recording starts just fine, then without warning, gets cut...simply stops.

Looking in the database, the call recording length matches the file I have. (on the monitor page).

ideas? Thanks!

Fabio

fricci

anybody?

fricci

? anybody ? help.....

dfletcher

For the recording, are you using Monitor? or MixMonitor?

Are you recording to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor? or somewhere else?

I asterisk 1.4.(+/- 21) I had a similar problem, was a bug in MixMonitor, after I upgraded to 1.4.25, MixMonitor worked properly. Have you looked in Digium forums for bugs in 1.6 and mixmonitor?

Another option, depending on how your system is configured, etc, is a recording solution like Oreka. Uses packet sniffing to report, run on a box (doesn't need to be too powerful, even for 120 simultaneous calls) needs either an ethernet TAP, or a switch with SPAN/Monitoring port -- it must be able to see ALL RTP traffic that needs to be recorded.

It is an option, that happens outside of your dialplan, and reduces the load on your asterisk server, though does increase slightly the load on the switch. Can use the free version, unless you are using g729 codec -- for that, you need a license.

johnme

Hi

I found the same problem and a beginning, is to see where the problem is.
I notice that recording stops when users do a transfer, and it depends of the kind of transfer user do.
When a user do Attended Transfer then the recording is full.
When a user do Blind Transfer then the recording is corrupt.

I also notice that when i use outcall for click to call when i have in configuration "from-internal" then i didnt have a recording, but if i put "from-internal-xfer" then i have the call recorded.

I dont have the solution but i have all the above to start search for...

Bye
John

grantpasley

Hi there,

We are having the same problem, when doing a blind transfer the call recording stops. Did anyone find a solution to this issue? If so please advise what it was - thank you.

Grant.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti