Call recording problem.

Discussion in 'General' started by Godfrey, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Godfrey

Hi,

I have Elastix 1.5.2 installed. The problem that I am having is with call recordings. We are required to record all calls in and outbound. Calls that come in on the queues are recorded and can be found under the monitor tab but no other calls are being recorded. I have set recording on inbound and outbound to always on every extension. I have checked all the settings again but can not seem to find the reason why extensions are not being recorded. I have looked in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor but only found the recordings from the queues.

Please if someone could provide some assistance on this matter I would be most grateful!!!

2. jaschenck

what do you have under

PBX Configuration
    General Settings

Asterisk Outbound Dial command options:

you will have to have a W there

3. Godfrey

Hi and thanks for the reply!

As far as I read the w and W in the dial commands is directly related to record on demand (*1). Hey at this point I am ready to try any suggestion so I added the "W" but no luck still will not record calls made or received to individual extensions.

I need to have all extensions and queues recorded, in and out always.

Regards,

4. Godfrey

I have got call recording working!

I sent hours looking at the settings and try all kinds of things that made no sense, finely I decided to do a yum update to try and correct the problem that I have been having with calls dropping.

The yum update did not correct the problem with the call being dropped but did correct the calls not being recorded.

5. raj

raj

Hi Godfrey,

a similar situation im into, im newbie and i know the inbound recording thing but i need to know how to setup outbound call recording for the extensions of a queue only. can you please explain how did you do that? that would be so great of you.

6. Godfrey

Do you want to only record extensions when they are logged on to a queue or are these extensions static agents to that queue. The only way I can see this possible is to change the "record outgoing" to "always" for each extension that operates on the queue.

7. raj

raj

Godfrey thanks for the quickes response.

yes i want to record queue extensions aka agents calls only when they are logged into queue i dont have any static agents.

can also answer this: is recording in elastix is done as mixmonitor or just monitor? like i have read on voip-info wiki there is two ways to record one which record both of sides of conversation in seperate files and other one is record in a single file just like normal conversation between two.

8. anfek

Hi,
    I've got similar problem what Godfrey describe. Following his suggestions I've update and now I'm running Elastix 1.6.2-7. I even consider to upgrade to version 2.0 but I decided to stay with version 1.6.2. But I need to fix this issue.
    Recordings are enabled on each phone (outbound and inbound) and in General Settings, option Extension Recording Override is Disabled. So far so good most of the calls are recorded but not from IVR.
    When client calling there are options to dial extension (if it's known) otherwise it's going to queue where our team handle this call and transferring to right person if it's required.
    And now it's a problem when customer dialling extension the call is not recorded.
    When call is transferred (after few seconds) to the queue and then transferred to right person the call is recorded.
    Can you please advise if anyone had this issues before and how it was resolved. Like I'm saying I've don all steps above but it didn't help

9. Godfrey

Hi anfek,

I am not sure if this will be of any help, but I found after I posted the question to this forum that one of my biggest problems was caused by the setting in the general settings section "Extension Recording override" set to Disabled, like you have it. One day out of frustration I changed it to "Enable" with all the extensions set to always record inbound and outbound. I have never had a problem with call recording again and I currently have over 800,000 recordings on my Elastix box.

Hope this helps!

10. anfek

Tanks for quick response Godfrey, unfortunately I tried this one already and it didn't help. I even went through all options again but everything looks all right. So I'm not sure what else should I changed to make this work.

11. nihastkd

hi Experts,

i have also some problems with Call recording.

my elastix version is 1.5.2

1.i enabled always option for in/out for each extension.
    2. General settings tab i ensured that it is trw.
    3.and Recording override i choose disabled.

the thing is , i cannot see the recorded calls on monitor tab.its nothing show.
    but i can see the recorded calls in var\spool\asterisk\monitor .

i just want to get those recorded calls on monitor tab in web interface.

Please help me to sort out the issue.

thanks in advance.

Nihas.N

12. raj

raj

Well seems no body knows a proper solution for this, am also using Elastix 1.5.2 and have same issue, so upgrade to latest version is one option but before you really upgrade try this

"Extension Recording override" is set to Disabled so try to Enable it and see if it helps? and please let us know what happens after that? may be some experts of Elastix could help in this matter otherwise.

13. nihastkd

thanks for the reply raj,

i already tried after enabled that option...
    But there is no luck.

But i could use the feature before 3 months..
    i don;t what happened after that?

please help some one!!!!

thanks
    Nihas.N

14. nihastkd

please help some one on this issue..

i am not able to see the recorded calls in monitor tab on the WUI.
    but the recorded calls on the server location /var/spool/asterisk/monitor.

please help me to fix this issue...

thanks
    nihas