Call recording/monitoring not working

Discussion in 'General' started by vttech, Sep 26, 2010.

1. vttech

I recently switched from trixbox to Elastix :eek:hmy:

All is good and very pleased with elastix; just can't get call monitoring to work. In elastix when I want to listen or download a recording it fails. I tried in FeePBX as well and same story; file not found.

Is this a known bug or I did something wrong?

2. trymes

When you say call monitoring, are you talking about monitor recordings made from a queue, or on-demand recordings made by an extension, or something else?

Also, can you be more specific about what part of the interface you are using to try to get the recordings?

Tom

3. jgutierrez

Have you checked if you have the proper plugin on your web browser to play back the recording? Have you checked if the file exists?
    /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/

4. vttech

This is for listening to recordings for extensions that I've set recording to Always.

First method I tried is logging into Elastix with admin; then going to PBX -> Monitoring. If i try to listen I get a small window pop up then an error that Adobe cannot playback file 'ARxxx.tmp'. If I try to download I get a 404! file not found.

Second method I tried is creating a new user assigned to an extension; then logging in with that user, going to PBX and Monitoring. Same problem with listening; download gives a more detailed error with a file name(eg. 404 File not found! /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/20100925-180722-1285463241.145.g729)

I looked in the monitor directory; there a few wav files and a whole bunch of g729 files but for eg, the ones startign with 20100925- are all followed by 181xxx, not 180xxx.

I'm running latest updates and FreePBX 2.8.0.3. This problem was there prior to upgrading as well.

5. jgutierrez

Try setting it back to wav or to gsm, I mean the recording format.

6. vttech

that did the trick... wav seems to be working fine. Just curious what's the diff between WAV and wav ?!? and how about g729, I'm guessing I would save a lot of space if I could get it work?

7. jgutierrez

WAV uses more compression that wav...
    WAV can also be played with your media player.

8. Agaoglu

I got the same problem too.

Also changed recording format to wav and gsm. But nothing change. Still cannot listen, or getting 404 File not found error when I try to download the recording.

Do I need to download an extra module?

Thanks..

9. trymes

Agaoglu: You do not provide us with any information about your installation, such as the version of Elastix you are running, what type of client you are using to play the files, how you are trying to access the files, etc.

Have you tried manually copying the files from your computer using scp or something similar and tried to play them? If so, what was the result?

10. Agaoglu

Thanks for reply..

Im running Elastix version 2.0..
    Trying to access voice recording as administrator, from monitoring section.

On my extansions, call recordings are selected as "always".

And at monitoring section, I can see the successful calls. There are 2 buttons as listen and download..

Getting missing plugin and file not found errors when I clicked on these buttons.

I read the other similiar topics..

Also don't know how can I reach the files.

Thanks..
    Duygu Agaoglu

11. trymes

What OS and browser are you using when trying this?

Tom

12. Agaoglu

At my computer Im usig Windows XP...

Tried to listen and download file from

Mozilla:

When I try to donwload it, File not found error.
    When I try to listen it, missing plug in

Internet Explorer:
    Download: Fil Not Found
    Listen: Adobe reader could not open 'A9RA488.tmp' because it is not a supported file type....etc.

Google Chrome:

Listen: File Not Found
    Download: File Not Found..

Thanks...

13. Terry

I have the same problems , how to do ?

14. geauxnads

I am getting the same 404 error...any solutions ?

15. voip-newbie

I also facing the same problem. Is there any solution for this?

16. soborno

Re: Re:Call recording/monitoring not working

In short,
    What is probably happening is that either the call is not longer under the monitoring directory (/var/spool/asterisk/monitor by default) or there`s a problem with matching the uniqueid (in the database) with the corresponding uniqueid in the file.
    If you still have a problem, I can guide you the see what it really happens.

Regards,
    Claudio

17. voip-newbie

Hi Claudio,
    In my case, the wav files are there, they are sitting in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor but the link that generated automatically at cdr report are wrong, so when we click at the link, it said "file not found".

Please guide me, Claudio :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

18. soborno

Re: Re:Call recording/monitoring not working

Ok,
    First you need to find /var/www/html/modules/monitoring/libs/paloSantoMonitoring.class.php
    There are the functions that are important to the monitoring module.
    In particular look for 'function getRecordedFile', put an echo at the beggining of the function to see what uniqueid is working 'echo $uniqueid'.
    See if that uniqueid it the same as the one in the file (search in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor for the correct recording).

Regards,
    Claudio

19. voip-newbie

20. arnoux

hi there.

I have a similar problem.
    I run elastix v2.3. When I installed it everything was working fine. I made system recordings for ivr's and the call recording for inbound and outbound was working fine. Now neither of them wants to work.

When dialing *77 to make a system recording, it only disconnect the call after a second and when i want to listen to it via *99 the call connects but no sound or voice prompts

And with the call recording i only get an error 404 when I want to listen to it or download it in the monitor category

please can anyone help me?