call queue skip busy agents

Discussion in 'General' started by franklin, Jan 28, 2011.

1. franklin

I am a running 1.6 box. Have 1 Polycom IP335 assigned as a static agent in a queue set to ringall. Have Skip Busy Agents set to No. This should mean that the phone will be presented with another incoming call in the queue when it is on with another caller. Calls should theoretically ring through to the limit of 30, which is how many calls Polycom says the phone can queue up. But it is the same when set to Yes or No. The phone is only presented with the next call in queue when it releases its current call. Running VOIP. I want to use the queue with Asternic Stats, but Asternic does not work on a Ring Group. Any insight? Thanks.

2. dicko

make sure you have

reg.1.lineKeys="3"

or whatever suits in your <mac>reg.cfg if using tftp or do it on the phone http interface

3. franklin

This doesn't work. reg.1.line keys on a 335 can be set to 2, since it is a 2 line phone. All this does is ;present the reg on both keys and send the next call to the second line instead of ringing through to the first, versus using Line 2 for a speed dial button. The phone will queue up 8 calls (now that I look at the admin guide). When you call the phone on a ring group or just as a direct dial extension, it queues up the calls just fine. For some reason when in the queue call waiting does not work. The setting call.callsPerLineKey in sip.cfg and reg.x.callsPerLineKey in phone.cfg defines # of calls per line. "For the SoundPoint IP 600, 601, and 650, the
    permitted range is 1 to 24 and the default is 24.
    For all other phones the permitted range is 1 to 8
    and the default is 8."

Any other ideas why call waiting in a queue with Skip Busy Agents set to No does not work? Thanks.

4. franklin

Just for grins I set reg.1.callsPerLineKey=8 and the same thing. There has to be something in a file that is saying not to pass the call, recognizing that it is busy and holding it in queue. Where oh where would I find that file?

5. dicko

6. franklin

Thanks. Sitting on my desk I have an IP335 programmed to pbx 106. This is the pbx where Skip Busy Agent = No doesn't work. I program with XML notepad and provision with and FTP.

I also have an IP450 programmed to pbx 107 that, alas, does work!

These two PBXs are identical Ceros Desktop units running 1.6 loads that have both been yum updated. PBX 106 has Sugar activated, but that's about the only difference. PBX 106 also does NOT require me to put dtmfmode=inband in my Trunk to get remote IVRs to work. PBX 107 must have it in the Trunk. So me things there is something screwy with 106.

Now I just have to try out on my PBX running POTS lines with Asternic Stats installed. In the AM.

Thanks for the help.

7. franklin

It works with my POTS-based Ceros Desktop. Thanks a million. Helps me to move forward with Asternic. Have his Pro Stats installed on a trial and $80 custom install. Asternic supports his customers great. Thanks for touting him here. I think my customer is going to like Pro Stats. Delivery company with dispatchers. Phones going all day and night. Thanks.