Call parking ext a'ment disapears after yum update

Discussion in 'General' started by Ellis, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ellis

Confirmed this today, did clean install, call parking extension announcement worked correctly - telling you what extension the call was being parked to.

Did a yum update, after much downloading, and a reboot, the extension announcement is now missing.

I plan to compare the asterisk conf files before and after and try and find the change, but has anyone else run into this as well (and have a solution!)

Scott<br><br>Post edited by: Ellis, at: 2008/02/15 12:49

2. Ellis

Also tried just doing a FreePBX upgrade on the current clean install - no problems with that.
    Now trying FreePBX upgrade on the broken system to see if that will fix the problem.

Does anyone understand what will happen if a yum update is done on a FreePBX upgraded system?

Scott

3. DaveD

Re:Call parking ext a'ment disapears after yum upd

I have not installed 1.0 alpha yet but from reading appears to still be issue with updates

Best practice I have found is to install ISO image configure network and do yum update

Then do all your configs in asterisk and don't do any yum updates when configured and it works perfect

yum update overwrites alot of configs

4. Ellis

Thanks for the information.

I tried updating FreePBX to V4, but this did not fix the problem either. I think I will use your method!

Scott

5. Ellis

Turns out this is an Asterisk version specific issue and is fixed in newer versions. There are some posts about it on the Trixbox site.