Call monitoring storage location Changing

Discussion in 'General' started by samix4u, Nov 18, 2008.

1. samix4u

I have been trying to find where to edit the storage location for the current call monitoring. Can someone point me to the right direction to change the storage location for the recordings?

2. jgutierrez

edit /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
    astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk

I'll recommend that you take a look at this link, so you will be aware of the implications of a change of this path
    http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/asterisk_conf.html

If you decde to change the directory, don't forget to edit variable $path at lines 143 and 551 on:
    /var/www/html/modules/monitoring/index.php
    so you may be able to see the recorded files on the monitoring module

3. saleh

If you upgrade to FreePBX 2.5.1 then you have nice options for Call Recording, you can change the "Call recording format", "Recording Location" and you can run your owner script after record.

Note: FreePBX 2.5.1 not tested enough with Elastix.

4. soulofmischief87

i followed those instructions i see the recording but when i try to play them i cant can you please help me maybe theres an audio.php that i have change the directory in thank you....

5. soulofmischief87

the problem was solved by restarting, by changing the spool directory youl have to do the same for the voicemail php so it will show up in the voicemail module, thank you

6. binary_dreamer

i have a similar problem with the size of the files. i have tried the forementioned but it fails for me. it is running in elastix 2.3. i do have a second disk in my system (/dev/sdb mounted to /mnt/something ) of 3 TB and i would like to have all the recordings to take place in that folder. has anyone tried to change under the general settings in the pbx tab, it has a set to define the recording location. has anyone managed to make it work? http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/Untitled-20130210.rar