Call monitor record a strange sound file

Discussion in 'General' started by leevancleef, Jul 22, 2009.

1. leevancleef

Hello guys

I've been testing today (just for fun) the call monitor feature, but I got a weird result.

Calls get recorded in a sound file that is double of the time of the conversation, in the first half of the file I can listen just the other person talking, and in the second half I just hear my own speech.

I have tried wav and WAV files with the same result. Does any of you know why is this happening and how to fix it?

Best regards y mucha salud!!

2. jgutierrez

Have you edited anything on a configuration file? any context? Are you using a hardmachine or a virtual machine?

3. leevancleef

Hi jgutierrez

Thanks for your answer.
    I am using a dedicated server an old IBM PIV with 512 MB of ram, not a virtual machine.
    I'm also using an A400P with 2 fxo's modules, and linksys and mediatrix ATA's as extensions with analog phones. I set this up something like 6 months ago, and then upgraded to elastix 1.5 .

I used before an x100p and a linksys 3102 as fxo's, so in this time and with that many pieces of hardware I have edited lots of confgiguration files as you can imagine.

In the laptop I use to work I have now an ubuntu amd64 distro, I don't know if this is important but perhaps is not the best enviroment to test audio files. I will check this audio files in a win32 to see if it does make any diference.

4. jgutierrez

Another question, does this issue occurs only in a certain scenario, or it happens always? I mean, only with outbound calls, or only with internal calls? Have to you tried it with only one simultaneous call?

What are the levels of comsumption of equipment while the call is being recorded? CPU? RAM? what are the % of usage?

Also paste the CLI outout when you are on a call, and it is being recorded

5. leevancleef

Hi jgutierrez

Thanks again for you answer.

You are totally right there is no much we can deduce with such a short amount of data I am giving you.
    Right now is 00:26 in the evening here in Spain, so I will go to bed soon, but I promise to have more clues tomorrow triying many more scenarios: SIP calls, PSTN calls, internal, external and with different extensions.

To be honest I am not really having a problem, because I don't need to record calls, I did it just for fun and got that curious result, (so although your help is apreciated don't take very serious). But I like to know why things happen and what is really going on.

I have read somewhere I think was in voip-info.org something like asterisk records 2 sound files one from the caller and one from the callee and once the call is finished both files are mixed in one with sox.
    Do you something about this? How does the recording stuff works?

Best regards and many thanks again.

6. leevancleef

Hello

I don't have anything that can help us to find out what goes on with these weird recorded sound files.
    It happens on every call, it does not depend if it's a voip, pstn, internal, external, or who initiate it.

CPU RAM and CLI verbose are absolutely normal, so I think that I should have any misconfigured script or any wrong parameter im any config file that is in charge of handle the call monitor sound recording.

Anyway as I told you before this is not a big problem, so thanks for your time and don't mind about it.
    If I ever find a solution, I will publish it here.

Regards

7. johnme

Hi

put the following in extensions_override_freepbx.conf reload asterisk and the problem
    will dissapear

[macro-record-enable]
    exten => s,1,GotoIf($[${LEN(${BLINDTRANSFER})} > 0]?2:4)
    exten => s,2,ResetCDR(w)
    exten => s,3,StopMonitor()
    exten => s,4,AGI(recordingcheck,${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)},${UNIQUEID})
    exten => s,5,Noop(No recording needed)
    exten => s,999,Monitor(wav,${CALLFILENAME},m)

;exten => s,3,BackGround(for-quality-purposes)
    ;exten => s,4,BackGround(this-call-may-be)
    ;exten => s,5,BackGround(recorded)

Hi
    John

8. leevancleef

Hi John

Thanks for your answer.
    I'm right back from a couple of days off, and I just have seen your answer, and yes you re totally right it solved my problem.
    I had that file, but it was empty so I followed your advice and then I could record my first ever normal sound file.

I have noticed that the file has slightly changed itself, now it look like this

[macro-record-enable]
    exten => s,1,GotoIf($[$)} > 0]?2:4)
    exten => s,2,ResetCDR(w)
    exten => s,3,StopMonitor()
    exten => s,4,AGI(recordingcheck,$,,%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)},$)
    exten => s,5,Noop(No recording needed)
    exten => s,999,Monitor(wav,$,m)

;exten => s,3,BackGround(for-quality-purposes)
    ;exten => s,4,BackGround(this-call-may-be)
    ;exten => s,5,BackGround(recorded)

Many thanks mate, I owe you a couple of beers!