Call logging / CDRs / Contexts

Discussion in 'General' started by Chilling_Silence, Feb 4, 2009.

  1. Chilling_Silence

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    488
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    This is partly a follow-on to my last post, but not fully: http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 6168#16168

    Anyways, so we have multiple people attached to the one PBX, and it doesnt appear as though changing contexts is affecting the SQL logging (Which in turn affects our ability to bill the customers), however...

    We've been noticing a few things with relation to calls and transfers and the contexts.
    To help, we've put x before the internal extensions...
    Example:

    x205 -> x209 -> Cellphone
    We can see the call from 205 -> 209, but not when 209 transfers the call to the Cell (End result is x205 talking to Cellphone)

    x205 -> Cellphone
    This works fine, just a regular outbound call

    Incoming -> x205 -> x209 -> Cellphone
    We can see the call in the CDR log coming in, then being transferred to x205, then being transferred to x209, but then when x209 transfers it to a Cellphone, we cant seem to see that.

    Incoming -> x205 -> Cellphone
    Can see the incoming to x205, but not when x205 transfers it to Cellphone.

    Any ideas why this is? Or how we can make it log it nicely?

    Many thanks


    Chill.
     
  2. dicko

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    4,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    chill:

    an ongoing and thorny problem with asterisk and CDR's all I can say is google, murf, cdr, digium, and problems. (and dare I say openpbx?) I also believe that this is neither a FreePBX or Elastix problem so probably belongs in the authoritative fora, just my 2cents worth

    (murf is the man)
     
  3. Chilling_Silence

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    488
    Likes Received:
    0
    How does things like this affect A2Billing then ?
     
  4. dicko

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    4,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Exactly the same, the cause is at at the asterisk root level. (end result: shit loads of lost billable calls)

    Entropy Rules!
    One would have to explore the time domain to find a call that could be definitely associated with a transfer from an originator to a destination, because of the transient use of bridging within asterisk for call transfers, etc. the original context is lost, any attempts at this is a "best guess" effort at this point in time in asterisk.

    But I digress, as previously noted, this discussion doesn't belong in poor old Elastix' fora.
     
  5. Chilling_Silence

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    488
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah Ive since learned its not an asterisk-specific issue.
    Tried #asterisk on freenode, they were a friendly bunch, I was impressed :)

    Anyways, current results are here:
    http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14398

    Thanks again for your input :)
     
  6. dicko

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2008
    Messages:
    4,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Chill:

    Then I defer, as ever, to the higher authorities, unfortunately I didn't learn anything (see my side bar) as your link was not productive in my browser, just your stuff, no links to the context.

    I'm glad you fixed your problem, and await a posting appropriate to Elastix. so we can all fix our similar problems ;-)

    Dicko
     
  7. Chilling_Silence

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    488
    Likes Received:
    0
    Apparently reviewing the 1.4.23.1 chabgelog, there's been few CDR fixes, so might need to try the latest beta...
     

Share This Page