Call Limit issue

Discussion in 'General' started by tensk8, May 23, 2008.

1. tensk8

Aug 8, 2007

one of the new versions of elastix bring in the extensions tag of the administration web page, an space to configure a call limit variable.

For default, this value bring a 5 minutes call limit. When I change this value to put one greater an click in apply configurations changes, the value return automatically to 5 minutes, the default.

If I look into the sip_additional.conf file, I look that the value for call limit is the default value.

How can I do in order to overpass this value during a call, because elastix is dropping all the call's made to the PSTN at 5 minutes.

2. Bob

Nov 4, 2007
    First of all, I suspect that you are talking about Freepbx 2.4??? as I can't find that feature in the standard install of Elastix.

Secondly it is my understanding (without seeing it) that the call limit is not on minutes that the call can run for, but how many calls can be taken by that extension. I would find it strange that you would want to hang up on a call at a prescribed time.....

So the next part, you mention that you are making a PSTN call. Is this through a ZAPtel interface or a SIP connection to a Voice Provider. If it is a SIP connection to a provider, the 5 minutes actually sounds like an issue with your NAT on your router. If you look at Google with the keywords NAT 5 minutes or NAT 5 mins 30 seconds, or NAT 5 min 32 seconds, you will find a fair bit on it and how to resolve it.

If this is all completely wrong, then can you detail more of what you are running in terms of hardware, software revision etc...