Call landing problem in Asterisk with PRI

Discussion in 'General' started by amit, Nov 10, 2009.

1. amit

Hi all,

I am using Elastix 1.5.2 and connect a PRI card (digium card) into it. And all were working fine (that is calling via asterisk using PRI line).

But today morning when I called to asterisk number then its hangup the call (I tested it with all numbers). When I checked the hardware detection page in the Elastix GUI, it is showing every thing green (it means PRI card is detected).

Can anybody tell me the reason of this problem?

Regards,
    Amit Saini

2. Bob

Bob

Amit,

Did someone spill coffee on the PRI Card??? :cheer:

You have got to realise that is very little information to go on.....

1) Have you looked at the logs /var/log/asterisk/full to see if you can spot the error?
    2) Have you just had the line installed and it was in Carrier Test mode, and the carrier has disabled it until told to go live?
    3) Have you performed a PRI intense debug in the elastix CLI, and see what error message is coming back from the PRI interface??

Regards

Bob

3. amit

Hi Bob,

For your information, I was customizing on Elastix and after that test it and everything was working fine (PRI card also). But from the next day, call does not landing on Asterisk.

There is no error message at the /var/log/asterisk/full log file. And if I open the asterisk CLI, then nothing happen here (it means there is not error or else message).

For solving this problem I have tried to restart the machine, but no success.

Regards,
    Amit Saini

4. pranav.gawri

Hi All,

Developing further on Amits thread. Following is a detailed description of the problem and how it occurs -

SOME FACTS--
    Q1- What version of Elastix do we have?
    A1- 1.5.2

Q2- Which interface card we have?
    A2- Digium TE110P T1/E1

Q3- What line are we terminating in it?
    A3- An E1/PRI line, with 31 channels

Q4- Which OS is Elastix installed upon?
    A4- CentOS 5.3

Q5- Was the line and the card properly configured?
    A5- Yes, we were able to configure it properly and tested it by writing call handling rules, and then calling to check if all works fine, using freePBX integrated in Elastix.

WHAT HAVE WE DONE--
    We have customized the -
    1. Elastix GUI, added a friendly interface to create call rules.
    2. Elastix Database (asterisk), added some new tables.
    3. Generation of "/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf". By customizing following two files -
      1. /customelastix/var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php
      2. /customelastix/var/www/html/admin/modules/timeconditions/functions.inc.php
    4. We have also changed the "/etc/amportal.conf" file -
      1. "AMPWEBROOT=" from /var/www/html to /customelastix/var/www/html
      2. "AMPDBNAME=" from "asterisk" to "customasterisk"

PROBLEM--
    After development, when we bring our customized code to the 'deployment' machine (with CentOS+Digium card+PRI line), the calls stop landing onto the machine and we always get the busy tone.
    Most of the times this behavior occurs, but at times we are saved and everything works fine and nothing breaks.

FIRST INSTANCE OF PROBLEM--
    Following is the description of the instance when the problem arose for the first time -
    After our customized changes were moved the deployment machine. And after that everything was working fine, we were able to make calls and calls were being handled properly.
    Then we cleared the database, made some new entries in it and ran the code to generate 'extensions_additional.conf'.
    After that we tried calling and were always getting the busy tone.

HOW DID WE TRY TO FIX THE PROBLEM--
    We tried to restore Elastix installation to the initial state (without our customization) and restarted the machine. And the calls started working.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Pranav

5. pranav.gawri

anybody has got any ideas!!

6. Patrick_elx

with the log of what's happening it would be easier to debug.