call group cant pickup new call if on a call.

Discussion in 'General' started by syadnom, Aug 14, 2009.

1. syadnom

I am having an issue where a new call cant be picked up (because it isnt showing) on a phone if you are already on a call. Basically, if you hang up the phone after a new call has started ringing you cant see it because it is only ringing on the line 1 appearance button. In trixbox it would ring on the line 2 button if 1 was busy but that isnt the case now. This is a stock elasix 1.5 install

Also, this is specifically when the call is targetting a ring group.

Thanks for any help.

2. rd_cortes

Have you enabled call waiting on the extensions? If so, verify the phones allow for two calls on each line. (ie Polycom setting- calls per line: 2)

Let us know if this help.

3. syadnom

I have aastra 53i, 55i, and 57i phones. On trixbox, if you are on a line, the next call will ring on the line 2 appearance button. On elastix is seams that the line 2 button has no use for incomming calls. I can press it for outgoing calls.

To clarify a bit, it is almost like a hunt group of line appearance buttons. If line 1 is in use ring on line 2 then 3 and so on. My alternative is a queue that re-inserts extentions after 5 seconds or something but that makes the DND button useless to ignore an incoming call that you dont want to hear ring.

4. dicko

I will reiterate rd_cortes' question:

Have you enabled call waiting on the extensions? (you cared neither to explore his advice, nor respond directly to him, how so?)

I restate to all who understand: Elastix is not trickybox, (further, trickybox is no longer FreePBX)

5. syadnom

I appologize for not stating that. I have not changed the defaults for either the phone (though I am running aastra-xml) nor the system so call waiting is enabled. I will have to test an see if I get a call waiting beep. The core of the issue is that because line 2 is not a ringing line, when line 1 is released there is no longer a line ringing. On trixbox or pbx-in-a-flash, line 2 gets the second call AND the call waiting beep is played.

I know elastix is not trixbox, thats precisely why I am using it :)

Thanks

6. dicko

I can but disagree with you,

you wrote
    I have not changed the defaults for either the phone (though I am running aastra-xml) nor the system so call waiting is enabled.
    You are incorrect in assuming that in Elastix (FreePBX), call waiting is enabled, It isn't,

(If you disagree with that then edit /etc/amportal.conf to suit, where many defaults are defined for FreePBX)

before you get caught up in that "ass,u,me" situation again, try reading "Elastix Without Tears" ( available in the download section) just check the extension page for each station to reflect what behavior you want then to exhibit.

The answer to your problem was suggested in your first reply, you apparently declined to follow that advice (twice) , I suggest you try over.

(Maybe, as ever it's a good thing to RTFM?)