Call Forward Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by witdirect, Mar 28, 2011.

1. witdirect

I have been reading the forums and Elastix without tears and call forwarding seems to be a little lite on information.

Elastix 1.6-14

I need to know how to call forward a DID whens its inbound route is to a ring group not a individual phone. I tried *72 and use ring group extension (608) and that didn't work.
    I did find something strange follow-me only works sometimes.

Getting the call forward issue is a big issue for get fixed since we have to forward the call to manager on duty when no one is in the office.

Thanks

2. fmvillares

that is not a correct scenario...forwards are for exetnsions not ring groups

3. witdirect

So what do you do to forward DID's to another when the calls go to ring group?
    Example:
    Ring Group 601 Sales Department with extensions 201, 202, 203 etc.
    Ring Group 602 Marketing Department with extension 301, 302, etc.

Now what happens whens everyone is vactions and you need to forward the phones to person assigned to answer phone on their cell or other outside number?

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:Call Forward Problem

DID goes to inbound route inbound route dials a ring group thats all

5. witdirect

What are you saying? You still have not answered my question.
    Lets try this again how do you forward a DID thats assigned to ring group?

6. fmvillares

you cant formard a did via freepbx... you can forward an extension not a ring group...
    but if u have a limited time of ringing u have always a failover destination where the call is sended after the rniog time of the group...you could use that as a "forward" buts its not a forward per se

7. witdirect

Thanks for your attempt at helping me but the guys over at Freepbx not only explained what I am trying to do is very common and walked me through fixing my issue.

For those of you who want or need to forward a ring group use Day / Night Control.
    http://www.freepbx.org/news/2007-07-05/ ... -condition

8. fmvillares

but again ...thats not a call forward...thats a day night option used as a call forward...talk correctly and all people could understand...

9. witdirect

Like I said thanks for YOUR attempt to be smart, but learn to spell and read questions before opening your mouth.

And stopping trying to look smart and fishing for customers on the site. I have read many of your answers to users questions and your responses are the same not a good or a repeat of someone else from another site.

Thanks smart guy