Call Forward/FollowMe Assistance Required

Discussion in 'General' started by hightekhosting, May 5, 2009.

1. hightekhosting

Hi guys,

I'm after a little bit of assistance with nutting out the followme/call forward features for Elastix.

Before I go into my issue, I wish to explain our setup:

- Incoming Internet from router into Elastix PABX (port forwards enabled for TCP 5060 to PABX and UDP 10000:20000 also)
    - Softphones (eyebeam) and one TA612V VoIP Adapter running a cordless phone
    - Ace Communications (Engin based) VOIP service routes all calls in and out of PABX - NO PSTN services used at all.

Now all of this currently works quite well and we have no issues with it, however, I wish to include/add a bit more functionality for an unmanned phone.

For this, I will explain further:

- eyebeam softfone #1 is extension 100 (me)
    - eyebeam softfone #2 is extension 101
    - voip adapter #1 is extension 102
    - eyebeam softfone #3 is extension 103
    and so on...

Now at present, I have a followme enabled so that if 100 is not available (ie: eyebeam is closed and 100 is not registered on PABX) all calls route to my mobile as well as ring extenions 101, 102, 103 etc

What I want to have in place is that if 100 is registered and ringing, unanswered/unmanned, that the calls route to my mobile (or any tech's mobile)

I cannot seem to nut out how to get this in place. Effectively, I always want 100 to ring first, and if unanswered, it tries the mobiles as well as any other extensions mounted to that queue.

The followme only seems to work when the softfone is not registered (software not open on PC/application not running) however, I want it active all the time, but I always want it to try the softfone first before calling the mobile/s.

Can anyone with Australian voip/followme experience please assist me by providing the details of how I am to correctly configure/set this up?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dale E

Now

2. hightekhosting

Let me also note that I want to have the softfone (100) ring several times before forwarding to the mobiles (if at all possible)

3. jaschenck

You can do what you are asking about with a ring group, just add your cell phone number to the extension list with # in front of it and pick the ring strategy that fits your needs

Jim