Call Center & dialer

Discussion in 'General' started by CPS Admin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. CPS Admin

Firefox
    Elastix 1.5
    Call Center 1.5

(Is there an issue with this combination? All post with the same issue as I do has the 1.5 version in common)

I setup 3 queues with static ext.

Create my agent with the same ext. that is in the 2 ques. Create my forms. Create my breaks.
    Create and outbound and inbound campaign using either queue, sip trunk, the form, set the campaign to dial all day-long and verified my time and date settings in Elastix. Upload these numbers on ta notepad to both campaigns.

18773527849,"Elastix"
    18773527850,"Elastix2"
    18773527851,"Elastix3"

use the password elastix456
    # service elastixdialer start

I check to make sure the dialer was running.

When I login to the console and enter my password int he X-Lite softphone I hear the MOH

Now this is what I see.
    On the top banner it says No Active Call. 00.00.00
    Below the agent namu and agent number is correct.
    Hangup and Transfer is grayed-out.
    Break is in blue.
    Vtiger and Logut is in white
    If I click on CALL nothing happens.
    Click on Script and I see my script.
    Click on form and my form is not there. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

This is an age old question on this forum but I can not find a conclusive answer. Have anyone recovered for this situation? Good bless you if it worked for you out the box. I have eat and sleep Elastix for three weeks (read all I can find). This is my first cry for help. I am almost done integrating my company and this will cause my to have to cancel the migration and start looking at other options.

kdunn@communicationpricesolution.com

2. dicko

Just a note, you mentioned notepad, if you refer to winblows notepad, be aware that it does not write text files in a linux concordant fashion, the end of line sequences are wrong, try over with a linux aware editor if you are owned by Redmond, or safer yet do it in linux.

3. CPS Admin

Hey Dicko,

Uncle William still has his claws in me. I call it corporate environment. I have some Mandriva and Ubuntu user skills but currently do not have a installation but will have tomorrow. In the mean time I got a copy of EditPad lite which should qualify. I uploaded the campaign and I am having the same issues. Care to shine some more light on this?

4. blangys

I've got the same issue. On the file format, I used Openoffice Calc to make the file, with just numbers. I saved it as UT8 format CSV as shown by another post on the site. I'm missing something!

So I setup the queue and the call center agent. I open campaign and build a campaign with all required elements. I then login as my agent number and the screen shows a blue break button that seems to work. I click on call and get an hourglass for a while. When I click on the form button, I get nothing except the hourglass as well. I did preview the form and it looked fine.

As far as the setup information goes, - i used admin and elastix456 as the password. I try to save it and got an error stating that the AMI session duration was wrong, even though I had 0 entered for persistent session. I changed it to 2400 and it accepted my setup info. The dialer shows to be running as well.

Does anyone have the dialer working for outbound use? Thanks!

5. CPS Admin

Blangys, do you run Elastix 1.5 and Call Center 1.5?
    This call center module seems to be a taboo subject. No one knows how to make it run. As it would appear it is either going to run for you or not. I have two seperate installations installed in two seperate locations. Same issue.

I ran Slax on live cd and use the text editor and uploaded a new campaign. It did not solve anything.

HELP!!!

6. blangys

Yes - 1.5 and 1.5. I just loaded 1.6 and am configuring things now to see if anything changes. I'm sure I'm just missing something basic - that's been my experience so far. I don't know what I don't know yet!

7. blangys

Loaded 1.6 and downloaded a new copy of the 1.5 CC. Created my trunks, created a queue, created a script, created a form, created a list with two phone number only entries in Openoffice, saved as the UT8 csv file, created campaign with all day today as the start and stop time. Login as my extension, phone rings, I enter password, and it brings up my agent console and music on hold. No call activity.

I just noticed that the graphic beside the "agent console" text at the top is a broken link. Also of note is that when I created my agent, some of the labels for the input boxes where not there. I guessed that they were asking for my extension and my confirmation of PW like the last version. Also - I click on the form and nothing shows up for the form. I click on scripts and my scrip shows up.

I have sip trunks only, I made sure I selected them when I setup my campaign. Any ideas? Thanks!

my csv file has 1xxxxxxxxxx as the phone numbers and I have a dial plan set up to allow those numbers. It dials just like I do from the phone.

8. CPS Admin

Hey Blangys thank you for sharing. I will save myself the headache of ripping my system apart to upgrade to 1.6 as I have already configure all the module. While you still have the flexibility to reconfigure, maybe we should look into Call Center 1.4. I am going to rip apart the installation at home this evening and install 1.4.

Anyone else has any suggestions?

9. blangys

I'll do that, but 1.4 does not support DAHDI trunks, which I will need when I go into production.

10. blangys

I loaded call center version 1.4 onto a fresh install of Elastix 1.5 and got the same results. I'm going to reinstall fresh with 1.5 and then submit a support ticket to the Elastix paid support. I need this to work,a nd I am missing something here.

11. CPS Admin

Rodger that. You saved me from installing CC 1.4. I can not even afford to start pulling this box apart here in the office. They are already running the sugar CRM and Openfire. I have to do all my experiments at home. Our headsets should arrive today. Softphones loaded and ready to go. Just got a php, SQL database written. New company who has alot riding in me getting it to work. So we are in the same boat.

Please take detail notes of what was done to resolve the issue. Now point in both of us wasting good money. We will pay half the cost you paid for the support. We sell voice and data services for over 30+ carriers and are depending on this to make our agents productive. Our business model was written around having a dialer.

kdunn@communicationpricesolution.com

12. blangys

Ok, so working with Palosanto (thanks Alfredo!) via text and a remote ssh session, the call center is working. I have a fresh 1.5.2, Call Center 1.5, and Sip trunks.

In configuration, you should be looking at an IP Address of 127.0.0.0, login of admin, with a password of elastix456

I had everything set up as it should be except for my queue. I selected the extension that I was going to be at (in my case, extension 210) when I should have selected my agent login. So Alfredo created an agent with a number of 2100. In my queue setup I needed to specify A2100 as my queue member. Capital A. Everything else was as shown in the manual I found for version 1.0.

Now some keywords:

Call Center Not Making Calls. Call Center Not Dialing. Call Center agent logs on and gets music on hold but no calls. No calls in the call center. Elastix call center module not making calls.

13. CPS Admin

Did the following: IP Address of 127.0.0.0, login of looking at admin, with a password of elastix456

created an agent with the number 11011.

add him to my out bound queue as A11011.

Login Agent ID 11011
    Extension 5001

Still shows the same thing. Did he change any config files and anything like that? I have a day or two before I have to cave-in an pay for support.

14. blangys

I thought I posted this already - My issue was resolved with the help of Alfredo with Palosanto. My issue was that I didn't understand that I needed to enter the agent number as a queue member. I was just using the quick picker and picking the extension. So when I finally used the A2100,0 entry, it worked as it should. (My agent number is 2100, and the A must be capitalized).

I have Elastix v1.5.2 and call center 1.5 with Sip Trunks.

15. blangys

A11011,0 ? That is how it looks like it is structured. If you are going to get support, make sure that they have web and ssh access to it. They'll just log in and look directly. I paid the $65.00 for an hour, and I still have 30 minutes of time left on my support agreement.

16. jgutierrez

Yes, there are basically some items that must be checked for a correct setup:

1. Call center configuration (user: admin, password: elastix456)
    2. Start the elastixdialer service
    3. Creation of agents (call center module)
    4. Creation of a queue (must be the agent number, NOT the extension, if I have created agent 503, then I will need to place A503 take into account the "A")
    5. Test your outbound routes
    6. Configure your outbound campaign

17. blangys

On the CSV file - I used both microsoft excel and Open Office to create the csv file. I saved it as a unicode UT8 file format CSV although that may not even be necessary. I was confused when I was waiting for my outbound campaign to start and it never did. I thought the issue was my CSV file because when I clicked on the link for the CSV file in the campaign section it was blank. That file is used to report the status of calls that are completed, not to show what is part of the campaign.

18. mcamerar

Hello I need some extra help please to configure it properly.
    First of all I have installed Elastix 1.6-12 (by the way is it possible and better to upgrade?) then:
    1) I need kind person that can post the exact setting of the queue especially the queue options.
    I understood to put an "A"in front the agent number.
    2) Do I have to change something or add some settings in each exstensions (in elastix) ?
    3) I created all extensions starting from 101,102,103 and so on and I create agents with the same number, is it a problem?
    4) In CallCenter - configuration , my Asterisk server address is 127.0.0.0. and not 127.0.0.1. is it a problem? How the other parameters must be setted?
    If someone could help with these small things (at least some!) I think I will be finally able to make this module run properly and should help a lot of other newbies.
    Thanks in advance

19. blangys

127.0.0.1 is the default localhost address. I believe that 127.0.0.0 is a NETWORK address, not a host address. (I'd have to pull out my subnet calculator to be sure.

From Wikipedia: Localhost always translates to the loopback IP address 127.0.0.1 in IPv4, or ::1 in IPv6 (see below).[1]

On the Queue - my setup required nothing special at all. I just created a new queue, entered my one agent, and was done. I just added my agent at A2100,0 and it worked fine. As to your numbers being the same, I'm not sure if it is an issue but it is easy enough to change the agents so why not do it?

If all else fails - spend the $65 for support to help you with it and share what your misunderstanding was.

20. CPS Admin

Spoke to the good folks at Palosanto today. Blangy too bad I am not as lucky as you were. According to the support team the dialer works but the softphone is not dialing. Said when the dialer tries to direct the call to the agent there was an issue, (something of the sort. The explanation was either too vague or I am too slow). At the moment I have the Elastix system on the threshold. In a matter of two more days I will poor the gasoline on it in the company's parking lot. lol So I reload the module and softphone no luck. Paul sugessted I buy an hour. At this point I am willing to give the guy my life savings. Said it was after support hours. I will call back and pay for support tomorrow. I will keep you posted.