Call center 1.5-1 inbound problem

Discussion in 'General' started by SysEng, Apr 29, 2009.

1. SysEng

I am running Elastix 1.5.2 with Call center 1.5-1. After reading the call center manual and this forum I did get it to work some. I can login the agent, get the moh and hear the connect tone when a call comes into the queue. I do not get any indication of a caller in the agent screen so can not hangup or transfer from the screen since those are grayed out. If I transfer from my phone or hangup I get disconnected from the queue. There must be some simple configuration step I have missed. I only want to have a inbound call center.

2. SysEng

:p Solved in part. Transfer of call only seems to be "cold" and when call is transferred screen does not change to receive new call until the extension that the call was transferred to completes the call.

3. vloose

4. SysEng

Yes I was considering that, but did not want to make any changes until the "original" worked. Since I have our "old" phone system live, I can still experment with this. I did buy iSymphony and just yesterday afternoon installed it. It works perfect for our needs. I still get the call center reports and full function of agent callback. Elastix so far is my favorate package, and I have two systems to put together. I will now change my call center setup to the (agent callback login) and work with it some now the pressure of getting a system working is done.

5. musikamas

i had same problem like you .

pls. start service on configuration page

user : admin
    pass :elastix456

hope that help you.

6. SysEng

No, that did not change it at all. From what I looked at, call center is a fantastic outbound product. It sadly to say was not designed for inbound call centers (out-of-the-box). A lot of "tweeking" is needed for it to work and get detailed accurate reports on inbound calls. I am sure the Elastix crew will update call center to include inbound with call-back to the agents in future releases. I will be looking forward to when this happens. Overall I feel this is a great product.